Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 50s Windward Horsehide Jacket

semolina_pilchard

One of the Regulars
This is a real heartbreaker for me. I’ve tried to find this style Windward ever since I first set eyes on one around 2 years ago.

I bought this one but it is just too small :(. It’s possibly a 40 and I need a 42 (there is no size tag).

There are some minor signs of wear on a couple of seams but that is it. The original Conmar zipper is working well. The lining looks like it was made yesterday, with no signs of wear. They used beautiful leather for these jackets. I have a car coat in the same fine leather.

It’s in top condition for a jacket from the 50s.

See the photos for measurements. I can get it on but it’s just too tight a fit to wear. I have a 41-inch chest and can usually wear a 40 or 42 depending on the jacket.

$475 gets this one (by Paypal F&F, includes worldwide shipping).

If you’ve ever considered one of these and think it will fit you, I would snap it up. I’ve not seen another in this condition in 2 years of looking. I am not sure I will ever find one in this condition in my size, but the search goes on.

image0 (2).jpeg image2 (2).jpeg image4 (2).jpeg image3 (2).jpeg image1 (2).jpeg image0 (3).jpeg image1 (3).jpeg image2 (3).jpeg image3 (3).jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana