Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 7 3/8 Resistol Beaver One Hundred OR Clone - 60's / 70's

J Williams

Practically Family
Another hat to be moved along

What I believe to be a late 60's early 70's Resistol OR clone 'Beaver One Hundred'

5 1/2 open crown 2 3/4 bound brim - The colour is a light silverbelly that seems to lean towards a greenish hue ( could be my eyes ) But it's definitely different from my 60's 7XCB ( which almost seems kind of purple ) and way lighter than my 50's OR's

The felt is really dense and has a very soft velvety hand to it ( a bit more than my 7X )
Takes and holds a dry crease well - The brim is pretty stiff and doesn't want to snap down

has a couple little spots on the underside of the brim and has a bit of a lighter coloration around the bottom of the crown which is hard to photograph. Someone stapled on a little leather patch to cover up the previous owners name 'James A Puckett'

Willing to entertain any reasonable offers or trade for something else in a 7 3/8

Asking $200.00 USD + Shipping ( Since it's shipping from Canada I will have to quote it based on destination )

download.png
IMG_2247.JPEG
IMG_2249.JPEG
IMG_2250.JPEG
IMG_2251.JPEG
IMG_2252.JPEG
IMG_2253.JPEG
IMG_2254.JPEG
IMG_2255.JPEG
IMG_2256.JPEG

J Williams

Practically Family
What are you looking for in a trade? We share the same size so I may have something to trade.

My main hats of choice and what I'm looking to collect are mostly old westerns. This one is so similar to my 7XCB that I don't find I'm fitting it into the rotation. That being said I'm happy to take a look at what you would want to trade.

J Williams

Practically Family
That is a nice hat and a very fair price.

Ps it might be older than you think

Thanks Vic - haven't done a lot of research on resistols was just my gut instinct with the square tag and general attributes. By the way I finally scored myself a BRE! It's a bit weathered but I'm still pretty thrilled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot