Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 7 3/8 Vintage Dobbs Brown Fur Felt SOLD

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
It pains me to do it, but I am selling one of my favorite hats. As my collection of hats has grown, this one has not gotten the attention it deserves. I would like to try to find it a new home with a fellow Lounger before offering it on that auction site.

I bought the hat in September of last year. The seller had obtained it from an estate sale with a number of vintage hats dating from 1930 to 1950. I’m not an expert, but I would date the hat near the end of this time period.

Here are the specs:
Color: Dark Brown
Size 7 3/8
Ribbon width 2 1/8”
Brim width 2 ¼ to 2 3/8”
Crown height 4 ¬?‚Äù as currently bashed / approx 5‚Äù open
The felt is very soft and easy to bash.

sixthhat1xk2.jpg

dscn3292as3.jpg

goodcolorzr0.jpg

dscn3293ny9.jpg

dscn3298tt8.jpg

dscn3243zd0.jpg

My apologies for the differing color in the pictures. The true color is just a bit lighter than picture #1.

Here is the full description from the previous seller. The measurements differ slightly from my own; I found my measurements to be a bit smaller.

“Another beautifully preserved hat!
It is in a rich brown colored felt.
This elegant hat has a 2 1/4” wide ribbon band with a 5"wide flat bow. The brim is 2 1/2” wide.
The inside leather band has the name Dobbs imprinted in gold on one side and Peller & Mure, Buffalo on the other. On the underside is a label that reads: Oval Reg; To duplicate L6H8273 164; Block 51/2; Size 7 3/8. There is also a large FQ (initials of previous owner) on the sweatband.
There are a few very small spots where the nap is either missing or flattened. They are about the size of a pin head and are so small they will not show up on a photo.
I cannot give an exact age for this item. It came from an estate sale with a number of vintage hats dating from 1930 to 1950.
”

I tried to get pictures of the defects the seller was referring to. They don’t show up very well for the camera so I had to play with the camera settings which lightened the color a bit. Here is what I was able to get.

On the brim
dscn3240py7.jpg

Near the pinch.
dscn3236hm0.jpg

I can’t see them when wearing the hat, but I wanted to make you aware of them.

Please PM me if interested.

Adam

Jovan

Suspended
Good sir, please edit the thread title with "sold" if it has been. ;) It makes it a lot easier on us looking for good things.

MK said:
If your item has sold, please edit the titled with "Sold" at the end so that you won't waste people's time PMing you.

Thank you.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
No can do

I tried to edit the original title to say "SOLD" as soon as the hat was no longer available, but I am not able to edit it. Maybe a Moderator can help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy