FS: Aero 101J Lee Leather Jacket, made by Ken Calder, 42-ish

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Monitor, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Monitor

Monitor

Aero Leathers Lee 101J styled trucker leather jacket in a size Large or 42.

$800 + shipping and that's kind of firm tough fair offers will be considered. If it doesn't sell, good. Great! Paypal, F&F.

This trucker is made in heavy, brown Jerky horsehide; Some of the best leather I've ever handled. Very stiff, sturdy and tough. IMO, higher grade hide than CXL and equally thick.

This particular jacket was one of few very early prototypes Aero did for the upcoming Lee style that never seemed to have been realized.
    It was made by Ken Calder, owner of Aero, himself. Workmanship is another level altogether, as you can clearly see, I'm sure. Masterclass work. IMO miles above regular Aero work.

I'll go as far as to say that this is the nicest leather jacket you can hope to own by any maker. If you dig this style, if it fits you, this is it. Endgame piece, as far as leather truckers go.

Condition is near new! Mint. Not even close to being broken in so you got your work cut out for you. Nothing else to add.

Haven't had it on nearly as much as I wanted to and now it doesn't fit me anymore. The way it looks on me, I might as well be wearing a box.
    So, I could either keep it on a hanger forever and admire it but that kind of sucks so I'm thinking i

Measurements are...
    • Chest width or P2P, measured at front: 58 cm / 22.8"
    • Waist width: 52 cm / 20.5"
    • Shoulders width, measured at back: 52 cm / 20.5"
    • Sleeve length, measured following the outside curve of the sleeve: 67 cm / 26.3"
    • Back length, without collar: 59 cm / 23"
    That's it. Any questions at all or if you need any more info on measurements or photos, etc.; Write! Thank you for looking. Cheers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edward, Tinytim, jonbuilder and 11 others like this.
  2. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Dang. And I thought my Lee Trevor was the endgame. I just got one upped.

jonbuilder and Monitor like this.
  3. marker2037

marker2037 A-List Customer

Yea, this has me written all over it.

Monitor likes this.
  4. Kuro

Kuro Practically Family

That is nice. Love that it is unlined. A jacket by Mr. Calder himself feels pretty epic.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Monitor likes this.
  5. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

Will you throw in the Chrome Hearts vest?! :)

Monitor likes this.
  6. Monitor

Monitor

I had a few photos of a very, very old Lee jacket, I think it was from the late 40's or something like that and it was exactly as this jacket, unlined and all.

No more endgame than this, I'd say. :)

If someone throws in additional $5000, sure! :D

AeroFan_07 and marker2037 like this.
  7. Monitor

Monitor

Oh hold! Please wait up with the PM's until further notice. This bad boi sure is popular, let me tell you that.

8. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

It’s popular because you are a marketing guru. The jacket speaks for itself, but your salesmanship is on point.

jonbuilder, Monitor, Psant25 and 4 others like this.
  9. KissMyMuscle

KissMyMuscle One of the Regulars

I also owned a car coat made by Ken. It was a master piece. Hope this is one size larger.

Monitor likes this.
  10. Monitor

Monitor

Only if I have full faith in what I'm selling. I had some okay things that I never listed here because I knew they weren't TFL worthy, same as I'll sometimes list something completely random if it's up to TFL standard. I'd never post some trash here.

11. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

Monitor, do you know when made this beaut?

Monitor likes this.
  12. Adence

Adence Familiar Face

Not sure how far to completion this is, but GLWS, looks marvellous

Monitor likes this.
  13. Monitor

Monitor

Jon, around 2016 if I remember correctly. Maybe 2015. Not 100% sure but it's been around for a while. I had it for three or four years.