Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Aero Cafe Racer Sheene, unfinished HH, Size 40L

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have acquired a taste for PHWM. And a boardracer I also still want... insofar I try to sell this jacket.

This is an Aero Sheene in unfinished HH. Base size was 40, but it has been lengthened and tapered a bit.

The lining is mustard colored cotton drill. Zipper antique brass.

Condition please see the pictures.
If I get at least 600 EUR + shipping, I will give it away. Otherwise she will spend another summer with me ;-)

Dimensions:
Shoulders: 19.25"/49 cm
P2P: 24"/61 cm
Hem: 19.75"/50 cm
Back length: 26.75"/68 cm
Sleeve length: 27.5"/70 cm

1668433594423.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful jacket. GLWS.

I too have a PHWYM in mind in the natural (Maybe natural Vicenza this time to save some time on the tanning, same price as Comipel but with a waxier topcoat I think).

mattmiller1973

Familiar Face
Quick question to bump this thread -- what is the main diff btwn a PHMN and this sheene? Just the pockets, cuffs and the hem? Aren't they the same general shape?

MrProper

Quick question to bump this thread -- what is the main diff btwn a PHMN and this sheene? Just the pockets, cuffs and the hem? Aren't they the same general shape?
The PHWM is a slimfit 1930s pattern and the Sheene is based on the Cafe Racer, which is a 1950s relaxed fit pattern (usually) that is heavily V-shaped.

mattmiller1973

Familiar Face
Sorry, I was confusing the Sheene with the Seven — I have the latter on order right now, and I switched from a PHMN.

I’m interested in your jacket but I am a 46-inch chest. What is your chest measurement, if you don’t mind me asking? I think we’re a similar build, as I’m 6’3”, 190 lbs.

MrProper

No Problem ;)
Inhaled something around 44", maybe minimally more. So narrow for my size. I don't get to 46. I'm afraid the jacket will be significantly too tight for you, since it's already a t-shirt jacket for me.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
I'm currently hanging from a chin up bar with fifty pound kettle bells chained to my ankles; if my arms and torso length increases by 1.5 inches by tomorrow I would be happy to purchase this amazing jacket from you, lol. GLWS

MrProper

Remind us of your height and weight @MrProper ..? This looks fairly large for a 40..
I am 6.5/196 cm with about 200 lbs/90 kg.
I had looked at many of the measurements of the CR on Thurston Bros stock page and found that the size 40 most closely matched my desired measurements. What I didn't realize at the time was that the CR is a 1950s pattern with relaxed fit and should actually be a bit wider. Hence the generous measurements I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff