Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Aero plainsman in HH seal Vicenza , size 40

jdiddy

A-List Customer
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
FS : AERO Plainsman size 40

So this jacket made its way to me a few months ago and it's got some history with some of the folks here on the forum. Here is a thread with pics and measurements cuz I'm too lazy and well , I haven't worn it being that's it's hot as hell here in TX!

Great jacket , it's in the beginning stages of being broken in and just feels damn good as well as looks killer. I purchased a 42 and it fits better on me.

Please feel free to ask any questions and since we are talking about Horsehide , the lineage is important.......lol

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fs-aero-plainsman-seal-vincenza-size-40.82007/

700$ shipped con us and as Paypal friends and family.

jdiddy

A-List Customer
I would also consider trades in a different style.
I wear size 40 or 42 depending on jacket and measurements.
I'm 5'10 , 180lbs , 34 waist athletic build
Shoot me some SUNDAY offers...

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Damn jdiddy - you might want to lower the price closer to the $580/shipped that I sold it to you for on this very forum...

I think that was a little uncalled for.

I'm not sure what you ended up paying for it from bretron, but his last advertised price was $700.00/shipped. If jdiddy got a deal at $580, there's still nothing wrong with him turning around and asking $700.00 if there's someone out there willing to pay for it.

jdiddy

A-List Customer
Damn jdiddy - you might want to lower the price closer to the $580/shipped that I sold it to you for on this very forum...

Noah

Thanks for being the forum police but :

1. You didn't ask 580$ , that's what you ended up taking because if I remember you had another jacket on this forum that you wanted.

2. I bought it in the beginning of summer when NO one was thinking about jackets in 100* heat.

3. The jacket is worth what you originally asked and the price that I put on it. It's also the beginning of jacket season so I feel I need to collect extra for taking up real estate in my closet.....:D

4. Hope your enjoying your new jacket that I helped you purchase.

jdiddy

A-List Customer
I think that was a little uncalled for.

I'm not sure what you ended up paying for it from bretron, but his last advertised price was $700.00/shipped. If jdiddy got a deal at $580, there's still nothing wrong with him turning around and asking $700.00 if there's someone out there willing to pay for it.

Read above and thanks for your comment as I also believe it was uncalled for.

Noah Nomad

New in Town
Hey it's a great jacket and whoever buys it will probably love it at whatever price they pay.
To me - and I concede naivete and unwarranted idealism on these things - this forum is more than just a marketplace. Maybe a little more friendly and gentlemanly and a bit of a respite from the grind and hustle that we endure everywhere else in our modern lives. The kind of place where you can get a great deal, and in return pass it on.
I probably could've phrased my initial post differently and you make valid points about jacket-season.
Good luck with the sale and you're welcome for the free bumps ;)

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Jdiddy, I don't have measurements right to hand, but I'm 5'8.5", about 160 lbs., athletic build. Generally wear a 40 suit jacket these days. Would you say a 40 like this would fit well on me?

jdiddy

A-List Customer
Jdiddy, I don't have measurements right to hand, but I'm 5'8.5", about 160 lbs., athletic build. Generally wear a 40 suit jacket these days. Would you say a 40 like this would fit well on me?

Ok , so I'm 5'9.5 ish and 175/180 depending on how much I drink the night before with a 34 waist , athletic build and this jacket fits with a shirt but a little tight around chest for me. ( armpit area) but all other measurements work for me. I can wear a 40 or a 42 suit depending on maker.

I would be hard pressed to put a sweater or a thicker shirt on so depending on how you like your fit would determine the answer.

I don't know if that answered your question but everyone has an ideal fit. But sounds as if it would be ok to me.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Ok , so I'm 5'9.5 ish and 175/180 depending on how much I drink the night before with a 34 waist , athletic build and this jacket fits with a shirt but a little tight around chest for me. ( armpit area) but all other measurements work for me. I can wear a 40 or a 42 suit depending on maker.

I would be hard pressed to put a sweater or a thicker shirt on so depending on how you like your fit would determine the answer.

I don't know if that answered your question but everyone has an ideal fit. But sounds as if it would be ok to me.
Like you, I'm in a foul hot climate, so for most of the very short winter, a leather jacket over a long-sleeved shirt is plenty. It sounds good. Let me see if Miss Linda, my long-suffering lady friend, can do some measurements on me.

jdiddy

A-List Customer
Like you, I'm in a foul hot climate, so for most of the very short winter, a leather jacket over a long-sleeved shirt is plenty. It sounds good. Let me see if Miss Linda, my long-suffering lady friend, can do some measurements on me.

You can also take some measurements from a jacket that fits you already and go from those. Just my two cents in case Linda is busy:)

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
You can also take some measurements from a jacket that fits you already and go from those. Just my two cents in case Linda is busy:)
Good point. I don't have anything as long as this one -- what is the length measurement, by the way? -- but I could check my old A-2 clone from Dillard's, which after more than 25 years is still fitting well.

jdiddy

A-List Customer
Good point. I don't have anything as long as this one -- what is the length measurement, by the way? -- but I could check my old A-2 clone from Dillard's, which after more than 25 years is still fitting well.
I believe it's around 26.5 but will have to check when I get home later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21