Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Aero USN M-422A Size 38. Seal Goat

ericsanpablo31

One of the Regulars
Up for sale is a trim size 38 Aero M-422A bought direct from Aero a little over a year ago. The jacket comes with a dark brown mouton collar, wool knits, and deep wine rayon satin lining. The leather is a seal goatskin, which I believe is vegetable tanned. It is in like new condition, and comes from a non-smoking home. The leather is beautiful, supple, but with a solid heft... I'd say the same thickness as my Aero Vicenza horsehide jacket, but a little more flexible.

I am sad to sell this jacket, but unfortunately I have gained a little of weight (that I don't think will go away!) so the jacket has seen little wear (I don't think I've worn it more than a dozen times since purchasing, and never hard. I've kept it in my closet thinking I might lose some weight, and because I love the leather, construction, and look).

$575 USD shipped within North America, buyer covers paypal fees.

Measurements below (measured, triple checked, and to the best of my ability, using the method found at the bottom of this page (post 10) - http://bit.ly/1KYDD8v ):
Shoulders - 17"
Chest (pit to pit) - 19.5"
Back Length (from base of collar to end of weave)- 25"
Arms (measured around the outside edge - from shoulder to elbow, elbow to end of cuff) - 26.5"

I've attached some pictures for reference (The first photo with a white background is the original photo of this jacket from Aero's website ); the leather imo is quite beautiful, with nice grain, and seems bomb proof. Please forgive the grainy pics, don't have a proper SLR at the moment. I've also attached some cropped fit pics at the very bottom of this post.

Attachments

• DSC02555.jpg
    DSC02555.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC02557.jpg
    DSC02557.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC02556.jpg
    DSC02556.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

David B West

New in Town
Sir, is this jacket still available? I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota and Internet access is difficult at best. So, please don't give up on me if my reply to your answer is somewhat delayed. Thank you.

David B West

New in Town
Hi Eric -- as I said, long delays, unfortunately.... Lord, I used to be a big part of the Internet world in my past life and since 2010 haven't even had a cell phone. I guess I'm like you but backward, health problems have had me lose 50 pounds or so and my doctor doesn't think I'll ever gain it back. My other Aero coat is a big 42 horsehide and now I'm getting used to being about 150 pounds with a 30" waist.
Anyway, if the coat's still available, it will fit me and I'll take it if you have the patience to wait until close to October 1st. You'll have to let me know what PayPal's fees are, happy to cover those but just set up an account so I can pay you and like I said, I've been away from the Internet world for years. Just let me know, $575 plus fees and I'll get that headed your way.
That's if this message makes it. This thing keeps saying I am losing my internet. So, let's find out!

David B West

New in Town
Hi Eric -- tomorrow late in the day or Thursday I can send payment, please PM me with your PayPal email, etc. Thanks so much for your patience! Ok, so the coat is small, so am I -- but I will be warm and looking good....!
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner