Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Aero x Levi's LVC 1930's Blue Half-belt Leather Jacket, XL (but really L)

Rare, no longer made Aero Leathers x Levi's Half-belt leather jacket.

$450 (shipping for EU included). Paypal, F&F! Fair offer will be considered.

Blue, artificially distressed, GORGEOUS heavy, tough goatskin! I've seldom handled nicer goat. It's not even soft, how tough it is.
Four pockets; Two hand-warmers, one chest pocket, all moleskin lined. One patch inside pocket.
Side straps.
Lightly lined in dark blue (or black, my eyes kinda fail when any color is too close to being black) lightweight satin.
Vintage'd Talon hardware.

Like I stated in the WJAYWT, this is one of the coolest jackets Aero's ever done. It looks great but the way it fits... Just so much more bad-ass than anything from Aero's regular line.

Rumor has it these jackets are too short but honestly, I don't see it as an issue. Sure, if you're wearing low rise jeans, then your belt will be exposed but the jacket fits perfectly on vintage, high waist trousers. It looks R'n'R either way.

Regarding size; I know it's tagged XL but I'd say this is a textbook Large or maybe even larger Medium. I wear sz. 38 right now and while I never could wear XL, this jacket fits me very well. Check out the measurements below.
  • Pit to pit / Chest width (Measured under armpits): 58 cm / 22.5"
  • Shoulders width: 48 cm / 19"
  • Bottom hem width: 53 cm / 21"
  • Sleeve length: 62 cm / 24.5"
  • Center back length w/o collar: 55 cm / 21.5" - But this wrong and you only get this number because of the curved back panel! The jacket itself is around 25" long.

Dunno what else to add. Super rare, fantastic looking jacket, made in gorgeous leather, built like a tank... Most importantly, these Aero x LVC jackets always keep good prices so you can't lose any money on it. Levi's stuff has skyrocketed in pricing and it'll just go up.

Some photos & don't forget to click on any for a full size view. Thanks!

20210525-102331.jpg

20210525-102340.jpg

20210525-102354.jpg

20210525-102400.jpg

20210525-102410-0.jpg

20210525-102421.jpg

20210525-102430.jpg

20210525-102452.jpg

20210525-102458.jpg

20210525-102502.jpg

20210525-102512.jpg

20210525-102639.jpg

20210525-102648.jpg

20210525-102528.jpg

20210525-102604.jpg

20210525-102626.jpg

20210525-102611.jpg

20210525-102615.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, forgot to add; Used, I guess, but I don't see it. Flawless, perfect. I don't think it's even broken in. No creases. Looks, feels & smells new.

Also, reason I'm selling it is because plain and simple, I need money. Got hit by some very sudden, substantial expenses, so money bringers are the first on the line. I like this jacket but y'know how it goes. . .

Rgcards

A-List Customer
I think I have this Jacket, if not a very similar one. They run small but are very comfortable. The leather is wow quality

lovely, but any idea why this is so short?

The jacket isn't really that short at all. Somehow.

Front is 26" or more, back seems short but it's not. That odd curved lower back panel makes it appear short & is responsible for the seemingly stupidly short back length but as you can see, the jacket itself definitely isn't short. If the hem was straight at the back, it'd be considerably longer. 24" or so. You can see that the sides pretty much cover my belt, even on these low rise jeans.

Plus it's not unlike many 30's HB. It's to be worn on high waist trousers.

This is how it fits me. These jeans are very low rise so the jacket'd fit much better on even regular jeans.

New-Canvas.jpg

Last edited:

Kuro

Practically Family
The jacket isn't really that short at all. Somehow.

Front is 26" or more, back seems short but it's not. That odd curved lower back panel makes it appear short & is responsible for the seemingly stupidly short back length but as you can see, the jacket itself definitely isn't short. If the hem was straight at the back, it'd be considerably longer. 24" or so. You can see that the sides pretty much cover my belt, even on these low rise jeans.

Plus it's not unlike many 30's HB. It's to be worn on high waist trousers.

This is how it fits me. These jeans are very low rise so the jacket'd fit much better on even regular jeans.

New-Canvas.jpg
That is very good looking. I don't see pictures of this jacket worn often. Thanks for sharing fit pics!

Nice jacket. But the Chinese on the label says it is cowhide.

Indeed it does, which is curious because it's wrong.
To make sure, I checked with the maker even though I personally had no doubts what it is - It's got that particularly distinctive look & feel to it that's unique only to goatskin - and unsurprisingly, I got a confirmation that it is indeed made from goatskin.

@Marc mndt is right; They must've used generic tags or someone made an error while translating to all the languages, which happens quite often.

In short, it's indeed goat.

Oh, and by the way, Mark, your Lady's version of the jacket is supposedly also goatskin though possibly a bit lighter. No sheepskin was used for these.

Rgcards

A-List Customer
First of all i need a birds of prey jacket. Second, someone needs to buy this ASAP!! Don't waste 3k on a Japanese jacket that won't look nearly as cool on!. I get 3 x number of compliments in this jacket than my real McCoy or my himel. My hooch hauler is still #1 though

technovox

One Too Many
I've owned this jacket in both the L and then the XL version. It's so distinctive with that distinctive bluish coloration and the distressed goat hide. And the half-belt design is so cool. I liked the design so much, I had Johnson Leathers make me a version in an overdyed black Horween hide. But somehow the JL remake just didn't seem to capture the essence of the original.
These blue/black Levis don't come up very often, and are very comfortable and easy to wear.
GLWS!

Got a few inquiries on how the jacket fits on normal / high rise pants. I found my grandfathers 1950's trousers so here is how it looks on those. As you can see, the jacket completely covers the belt & looks perfectly normal. There's nothing to worry about! This jacket isn't short at all.

New-Canvas.jpg

First of all i need a birds of prey jacket. Second, someone needs to buy this ASAP!! Don't waste 3k on a Japanese jacket that won't look nearly as cool on!. I get 3 x number of compliments in this jacket than my real McCoy or my himel. My hooch hauler is still #1 though

This is just something I wanted to say here but figured it'd just appear as if I'm saying it to sell my jacket or taking a jab at Japanese makers or something but yeah, this, 100%.
These Levi's x Aero pieces should cost exactly the same as the priciest leather jacket out there because there is no objective or subjective reason why it oughtn't. It's (as) perfectly made as anything out there & in a very unique leather that's seen far less often than, say, Shinki. It's got an extremely cool sillouette & cut with all the right period details (that are IMO ever so slightly exaggerated to add to the coolness) all around.
Levi's done a tremendous job with this jacket and especially the Bird of Pray which I personally prefer but yeah, this jacket doesn't fall behind anything I've ever handled.

I've owned this jacket in both the L and then the XL version. It's so distinctive with that distinctive bluish coloration and the distressed goat hide. And the half-belt design is so cool. I liked the design so much, I had Johnson Leathers make me a version in an overdyed black Horween hide. But somehow the JL remake just didn't seem to capture the essence of the original.
These blue/black Levis don't come up very often, and are very comfortable and easy to wear.
GLWS!

We take Levi's for granted but they know what they're doing. Few high-end, limited pieces of theirs that I've handled, like the shearling lined trucker I briefly had, it's just plainly obvious that most makers we talk about here are amateur hour in comparison when it comes to styling, even though they got their heart at the right place.

I got quite a few offers for the jacket.

Okay, to clarify; In my opinion, I've already priced this jacket pretty low. The amount of money Aero x Levi's jackets go for ranges from 2x as much to over a thousand USD so I think $450 is a bargain.

Furthermore, if any ol' Aero sells for $500, this ought to cost twice as much any day and twice on Sunday as it's much nicer than anything from their standard offer, done in a style they don't do and leather they don't have. Not to mention the distressing which, while not everyone's cup of tea, definitely makes this jacket unique.

And once again, most importantly, this is Levi's after all so no worries trying to re-sell this bad boy.

With that in mind, I'll set the price at €340 shipped anywhere within EU! Shipping to US is €40 on top of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner