Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: AKUBRA ROUGH RIDER western hat - open crown - size 58 (7-1/4) - Rarely Worn - $80 w/US shipping

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars
SOLD: AKUBRA ROUGH RIDER western hat - open crown - size 58 (7-1/4) - Rarely Worn! $80 (including US shipping)

The Rough Rider in Akubra's new bran color (a classy medium tan -- not too light, not too dark) comes with a reeded roan leather sweatband, satin liner and cut-edge brim. Made in Australia from Akubra's Imperial Quality pure rabbit-fur felt -- durable and water-resistant. The plaited horse hair hat band with two tassels has been detached but fits snugly, so you can leave it on or replace it with your own hat band.

Specs: I trimmed the brim to 3-3/8", with a slight side curl and front dip -- wide enough to give great sun protection (rated at UPF+50 protection). I also took the original cattleman crown and blocked it out to an open crown, 5.5" high, tall enough for you to shape in the western style of your choice. Or, if you purchase the hat and would like me to crease the crown for you, just send me some good photos of the style you'd like.

I've only worn this hat 2 or 3 times -- after buying it, I realized I have too many hats and only one head! So it's time to thin the herd, letting this nearly-unworn hat go at a bargain price. Online prices for the Rough Rider from Australian hat shops range from $125 to $160 USD (with shipping). This great hat can be yours for $80 (including shipping via USPS Parcel Select, continental US only).

A note about sizing: If you already own quality fur-felt hats, you probably know your head size. If not, please measure your head carefully (see head-measurement guide among the photos). Good fur-felt hats can be stretched slightly to your head size and shape; if a hat is a bit too large, you can insert some padding inside the leather sweatband.

Sold as is. Please check the photos and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

280rrys.jpg
2ikt7gk.jpg
10y2hqh.jpg
2i0zwjd.jpg
rw02mb.jpg
2v9w203.jpg
2z9csyg.jpg
6p495v.jpg

Last edited:

BuckeyO

New in Town
FOR SALE: AKUBRA ROUGH RIDER western hat - open crown - size 58 (7-1/4) - Rarely Worn! $80 (including US shipping)

The Rough Rider in Akubra's new bran color (a classy medium tan -- not too light, not too dark) comes with a reeded roan leather sweatband, satin liner and cut-edge brim. Made in Australia from Akubra's Imperial Quality pure rabbit-fur felt -- durable and water-resistant. The plaited horse hair hat band with two tassels has been detached but fits snugly, so you can leave it on or replace it with your own hat band.

Specs: I trimmed the brim to 3-3/8", with a slight side curl and front dip -- wide enough to give great sun protection (rated at UPF+50 protection). I also took the original cattleman crown and blocked it out to an open crown, 5.5" high, tall enough for you to shape in the western style of your choice. Or, if you purchase the hat and would like me to crease the crown for you, just send me some good photos of the style you'd like.

I've only worn this hat 2 or 3 times -- after buying it, I realized I have too many hats and only one head! So it's time to thin the herd, letting this nearly-unworn hat go at a bargain price. Online prices for the Rough Rider from Australian hat shops range from $125 to $160 USD (with shipping). This great hat can be yours for $80 (including shipping via USPS Parcel Select, continental US only).

A note about sizing: If you already own quality fur-felt hats, you probably know your head size. If not, please measure your head carefully (see head-measurement guide among the photos). Good fur-felt hats can be stretched slightly to your head size and shape; if a hat is a bit too large, you can insert some padding inside the leather sweatband.

Sold as is. Please check the photos and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

280rrys.jpg
2ikt7gk.jpg
10y2hqh.jpg
2i0zwjd.jpg
rw02mb.jpg
2v9w203.jpg
2z9csyg.jpg
6p495v.jpg

BuckeyO

New in Town
H Weinstein,

Nice looking hat. Can you shape the crown into the diamond style of the John Ford cavalry hats? If so, I'll take it.

Regards
Buckeye

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars
Hi, Buckeye --

Can you dig up and email me some photos of the hat you have in mind? Then I'll know exactly what you want. Diamond bash is pretty easy, but I'd want to be sure of the look you're after. Feel free to PM me here or email me directly at st.white@comcast.net

Thanks for your interest!

Howard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112