Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Beau Breed leather trucker jacket, navy blue, size 40 - $95 shipped CONUS

Jumper

A-List Customer
Beau Breed leather trucker jacket, navy blue, size 40

A catch and release. I've had another one like this for a few years—a larger size in a sort of honeyed brown color—and it's my favorite trucker. Unfortunately, this navy one's too small. Bought it on a whim, not knowing the measurements, and so I deserve what I got, I guess, but still, it kills me that it doesn't fit. These are few and far between.

1970s? Unusual design with a unique collar and a combination zip-and-snap front. Thin steerhide, typical for Beau Breed, and honestly nothing to write home about, but judging by my other one, it's plenty sturdy enough, and the light weight makes it really good for warmer weather.

Marks, rubs, scuffs, fading, and scratches throughout, but really nothing beyond normal wear. I've tried to show this in the photos. There's a small hole in the lining of the left cuff, but otherwise the lining is in good shape throughout the rest of the jacket. Seems maybe the sleeves have shortened over time as both sleeve linings do that thing where a little surplus poofs out past the cuffs a bit when you first put your arms through them, but I've found it goes back in and stays once the jacket's on.

Awesome snap-down collar that looks even cooler when unsnapped and flipped up to keep your neck warm against the wind. Serval main zipper under the front snaps, and Servals on the cuffs as well. All zippers and snaps in working order. Stitching all intact. Two snap-closure chest pockets. No handwarmers.

Fit is relative, of course, but I'd call this a trim, classic fit. Note the taper from chest to waist.

Approximate Measurements:
Armpit to armpit: 21.25 inches (a bit more than that right at the armpits, but tapers in just below there)
Bottom hem width: 18.75 inches
Shoulder width: 18 inches
Sleeve length (measured straight): 25.5 inches
Back length (not including collar): 23.25 inches (remeasured after taking pics because I noticed I had the tape starting from below the hem - see photo of full back length measurement)
Front drop: 1.25 inches
Weight: 2 lb

$95 shipped, continental US only, via PayPal F & F, please.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

20221212_162057.jpg

20221212_162318.jpg

20221212_162232.jpg

20221212_162400.jpg

20221212_162821.jpg

20221212_162133.jpg

20221212_162435.jpg

20221212_164646.jpg

20221212_164505.jpg

20221212_164711.jpg

Jumper

A-List Customer
This is a cool trucker. Love everything about it. Very good ad, too.
Thanks, M. Actually, my brown BB (as I wrote above, my favorite trucker) was only on my radar to begin with because you had posted one like it in your Finds & Deals thread a few years ago when I started hanging out here at the Lounge. I liked the look of it so much that I started searching and found one in my size shortly thereafter. So a very belated thank you for that, too!

jkoj

Familiar Face
Such a cool coat. I’m fighting the urge to buy cause I have like 5 leather coats. This one is so unique though. Just for shits and giggles I’m 5’7” and 155 lbs. Hou think it would be a bit big on me?

Jumper

A-List Customer
Such a cool coat. I’m fighting the urge to buy cause I have like 5 leather coats. This one is so unique though. Just for shits and giggles I’m 5’7” and 155 lbs. Hou think it would be a bit big on me?
I'd be afraid to hazard a guess based on anyone's height and weight. Best thing to do would be to pick one or two of those jackets that fit you best and take measurements like the ones above, and see how close they are to this jacket's measurements. I hope that helps. Thanks for asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ