Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Borsalino Classic 7 1/8

Lt.Fenix

New in Town
Hi guys,

This was my first fedora that I had bought from a local store a few months ago.
I knew almost nothing about fedoras back then, and I found out that I overpaid for it quite a bit.
I bought it for 300 dollars and from a few online stores it seems like these go for 240.
I got it because I really liked the soft feel of it, but some time later I realized that I prefer c-crowns over centerdents.
Since I never wear it anymore, I suppose it's time someone else has a chance to enjoy it.

SSPX0222_s.jpg

SSPX0221_s.jpg

SSPX0220_s.jpg

SSPX0219_s.jpg

SSPX0218_s.jpg

SSPX0216_s.jpg

SSPX0212_s.jpg

The hat is in excellent condition, as I've only worn it for maybe a week or so and it has never been in the rain.
It has a 2 1/4" brim and a 4" crown, and the color is something like a dark brown-gray.
The size is supposed to be 7 1/8, but I wear 6 7/8 Stetsons and Biltmores (one exception in size 7), and the Borsalino feels almost perfect on my head.

I want to sell it for 150 USD shipped to the US states. Of course out-of-country shipping will be extra.
I have 0 negative feedback on my eBay account, which I use to mostly buy things, but I've also sold stuff there too.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...id=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=6&page=1

I will only take Paypal payments. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for looking.

SteveAS

Practically Family
I got it because I really liked the soft feel of it, but some time later I realized that I prefer c-crowns over centerdents.

Welcome to The Lounge. If you otherwise like the hat, have you considered simply reshaping the crown into the shape you like? If it doesn't reshape easily dry, just use a little steam to soften the crown and reshape away.

Lt.Fenix

New in Town
Yeah, I thought about reshaping it, but I was too afraid to screw it up.
I've since bought 5 others that are c-crown though, so I think it makes more sense to try to sell this.

Price lowered to 125 USD shipped.

wgiceman

One of the Regulars
I felt the same way about reshaping some of mine. But after doing it a couple of times, I rather enjoy the "therapy" of playing around with them. You get to customize the look to your own taste. Give it a shot. If you still don't like the result, then you can easily sell the Borsalino. Wish it was a 7 1/4 ...........

Lt.Fenix

New in Town
Well, I think I have enough hats for now though... and school is starting again, so I'll need the money.

Price lowered to 100 USD shipped.
Might do one more price reduction before I put it up on eBay.

jcmjrt

New in Town
I'm interested. Please e-mail me (can't PM because you don't have enough posts) at jcmjrt at yahoo dot com

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Get your PM count up to the magic 15 (a few 'nice hat' and 'you wear that tie so well,' will get it up in no time, then you can PM. Best, Paddy.

Lt.Fenix

New in Town
Oh I see.
I didn't realize there was a restriction like that.

Sent you an email jcmjrt, let me know if you didn't get it.

Last edited:

ryanc

Familiar Face
hey man i live in fort worth. by anychance do you ever see any 30s 40s suits around any of the vintage shops down there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL