Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS - Borsalino Western 7 1/4 $72

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino Western
I picked up this Borso western on the bay recently thinking I could make it work for me with a little work.
The felt is super thin and the edge has a really nice stitch (like a smaller version of my Como)
This hat was very dirty. It is not going to get to 7 3/8 without me destroying the sweatband so I am going to offer it up for sale for what I have into it which is $72 plus shipping.
I cleaned it up some and took it out to open crown.
39dc1d13.jpg

d4f1e37a.jpg

31f97e32.jpg

1b62febb.jpg

7056a251.jpg

b8e4ae26.jpg

It's still pretty dirty and the sweatband is not super strong. I did get some lexol on it and it softened up some. A few stitches are popped but not too bad. If nobody wants this I'm going to do a fedora conversion on it and trim the brim to 2 3/4 inches.

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
In the first and second pictures you can see a repaired divot mark. The underside of the brim is a little more dirty than the top of the brim - you can see this in the last pic but I'll try to get a better bottom side pic when I get home.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
OK. If I don't have any interest this one is becoming a conversion project and the brim is going to 2 3/4 inches. Last call before I do the unthinkable ;)

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Or you can send it to Optimo, specify a 2 3/4" brim, they will incorporate the excess into the crown, install a new sweat & ribbon, clean the living *&%^ out of it and by doing so you (or someone) could maintain that lovely & distinctive edge treatment...my .o2

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Or you can send it to Optimo, specify a 2 3/4" brim, they will incorporate the excess into the crown, install a new sweat & ribbon, clean the living *&%^ out of it and by doing so you (or someone) could maintain that lovely & distinctive edge treatment...my .o2
She's already trimmed and on eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters