Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: BUCO J65 ORIGINAL 2nd LABEL 1957 HORSEHIDE VINTAGE SIZE 44"

58panheadfan

One Too Many
SOLD!

Due some more weight loss, for sale a rare bird:

BUCO LEATHER JACKET ORIGINAL

Type: J65 2nd brown Label from 1951
Style: Vintage 50's Biker Jacket
Leather: Horsehide
Color: Black

Specs:
2 Front Pockets, zipped
1 Breast Pocket, zipped
1 Inside Pocket
Action Back
All Zippers Original, Serval & Conmar
United Carr Rivets
W-Collar
Labelled as Size44" , see Measurements

Measurements (Chest on Front, Shoulder on Back):
P2P: 22.5" (57 cm)
Shoulder seam to seam: 19.5" (50 cm)
Back: 24" (61 cm)
Sleeve straight: 25.5" (65 cm)

Condition:
Nice condition with patina, see pics
New lining made from NOS materials like original, all studs are in place

Private sale, all sales are final - thank you for your interest!

Pictures:
IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0045.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0042.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0044.JPG

Last edited:

stook1

New in Town
I'd be interested if this jacket ends up not being sold to whomever it is on hold for...

SOLD!

Due some more weight loss, for sale a rare bird:

BUCO LEATHER JACKET ORIGINAL

Type: J65 2nd brown Label from 1951
Style: Vintage 50's Biker Jacket
Leather: Horsehide
Color: Black

Specs:
2 Front Pockets, zipped
1 Breast Pocket, zipped
1 Inside Pocket
Action Back
All Zippers Original, Serval & Conmar
United Carr Rivets
W-Collar
Labelled as Size44" , see Measurements

Measurements (Chest on Front, Shoulder on Back):
P2P: 22.5" (57 cm)
Shoulder seam to seam: 19.5" (50 cm)
Back: 24" (61 cm)
Sleeve straight: 25.5" (65 cm)

Condition:
Nice condition with patina, see pics
New lining made from NOS materials like original, all studs are in place

Private sale, all sales are final - thank you for your interest!

Pictures:
View attachment 425128 View attachment 425129 View attachment 425130 View attachment 425131 View attachment 425132 View attachment 425133 View attachment 425134 View attachment 425135 View attachment 425136
Don't delete the asking/sold price in the future please. It should remain as a point of reference for the next buyer...This is pretty clearly stated here:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/read-this-before-posting-here.3683/post-1091021
Specifically " In fact, it's helpful to leave it there so members can review what has been exchanged and for how much in the future."

Kunja

Practically Family
$962 to be exact, after currency exchange.

Wow it seems like my higher price has really riled some feathers here. Sorry for that, I'm not looking to piss anyone off and am always open to offers (and am open on this one as well), but I think the jacket was significantly under priced when I bought it and is actually worth more that I'm asking. A Japanese imitation would be twice as much. This isn't a commodity item like an aero highwayman; I doubt any of us will ever see another real Buco J65 for sale again. I didn't realize we were never allowed to make any profit here. Perhaps I should just keep it.

$962 to be exact, after currency exchange.

Wow it seems like my higher price has really riled some feathers here. Sorry for that, I'm not looking to piss anyone off and am always open to offers (and am open on this one as well), but I think the jacket was significantly under priced when I bought it and is actually worth more that I'm asking. A Japanese imitation would be twice as much. This isn't a commodity item like an aero highwayman; I doubt any of us will ever see another real Buco J65 for sale again. I didn't realize we were never allowed to make any profit here. Perhaps I should just keep it.
I'm not pissed by anything I've seen here in the last few days...maybe a little surprised. You can do as you wish of course and I'm not going to police the classifieds. But factually, panhead SHOULD have left the sale price in his ad. He ALWAYS removes them and that's bad practice IMO.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
... But factually, panhead SHOULD have left the sale price in his ad. He ALWAYS removes them and that's bad practice IMO.
I agree with you, I should have left the original retail price. It is true that I remove the sale price from my ads whenever a jacket has been sold. But I didn't do that with bad intentions, just because it closed the deal for me. But I basically understand your argument to leave the price as it is in order to be able to compare prices later or use them as a guide. Whether a later seller asks more for the jacket than it originally cost is up to him. If the price is right for the new buyer and he wants the jacket, it doesn't matter what the jacket cost before.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk