Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Buzz Rickson's B-15 Flight Jacket - Size 38

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
My closet is getting mighty coat-heavy, so here’s a beautiful Buzz Rickson’s reproduction of a WWII B-15 flight jacket for sale. Coat is in great condition. I’ve worn it a handful of times. This jacket originally came with a squadron patch and a name tag. I had them taken off, but still have them and will include them along with the Buzz tags and documentation. No major areas of note as far as wear to this jacket, except for the stitch holes where the patches were removed—not really noticeable when wearing. Knits are in good shape. Zipper works great. Mouton is flawless. Seriously, if there’s anything wrong with the jacket, it’s so minute that I can’t tell.

Stated size is 38. Fits me, a 38S, pretty well with a somewhat fuller, more period-authentic fit. Someone with a size 40 chest could probably wear this for a tighter fit.

Cloth color is olive drab. Main pics make it look brown. I have included some fits pics of myself along with some pics taken from a BR listing on the Japanese website Rakuten. The color in these fit pics is very close to the real color. Here’s a link to that listing: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/vari/item/br-jk-br11743/

Jacket measurements:

Sleeve (from shoulder seam to start of knit): 22”
Sleeve (from shoulder seam to end of knit): 24.5”
Back (from collar seam to bottom of knit): 24.25”
Epaulette (from collar seam to shoulder seam): 6.25”
Pit-to-pit (front, laying flat): 18”
Shoulders (front, flat): 22.25”

Cost about $750 new with shipping and fees. My asking price is $525 shipped CONUS. Will ship overseas at extra cost to buyer.

Email with questions.

--DW

_DSF7001.jpg

_DSF7003.jpg

_DSF7007.jpg

_DSF7009.jpg

_DSF7006.jpg

_DSF7004.jpg

_DSF7010.jpg

_DSF7057.jpg

DSCF6683.jpg

DSCF6782.jpg