Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Cockpit Clothing (Southampton) 1942 Pattern 'Aviator' Irvin (size 42-44)

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Dear All
Heartbreaking, but I have to let my reproduction Irvin go as it's just a little too snug in the torso for me. Before I put it on EBay, I thought that I'd offer it here first. This is one of the rare very early Cockpit Clothing (Southampton UK) 'Aviator' jackets from the same period as the early Eastmans (late 1980s/early 1990s). Based on a 1942 Links Irvin pattern, this jacket has very long wide arms with the perfect taper found on originals. The panel configuration is identical to the Eastman 1942 pattern but the arms are longer and the body 1/2" shorter. The materials though are in my opinion superior as the outer coating has the raised creases seen on original jackets and a semi matt almost dusty look but not dry. There has been very little wear and the jacket is clean with no issues apart from a missing elastic neck strap (available from Eastman for £15 if needed); there are no unpleasant odours.
Regarding fit the cuffs reach the middle of my hand and the base of the waist sits on the waistband of my jeans.
Dimensions
Pits (measured at base of gusset) 22"
Shoulder to cuff 27"
Shoulder seam to seam 20"
Base of collar to waist 23 1/2"

Asking price £450 plus any costs (I can post if insured, but please note that it's a heavyweight jacket).

Current Eastmans retail for £749.99 before shipping.

Thanks for looking, PM me if interested.

105p6qa.jpg

cl3jl.jpg

aysm4k.jpg

oa5h50.jpg

23wo6qw.jpg

4hqow0.jpg

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I know John, heartbroken... Just a bit too snug in the torso. If I could only find a slightly larger one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm