Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Eastman Thunderbirds A-1 - size 38 - $475

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
Hard to let this go, but the closet is full and gotta' make the hard choices.

This is Eastman Leather's Thunderbird A-1. It is a superb looking jacket that I just don't wear very often. But every time I do, without fail, I get at least 2 or 3 compliments from random people.

Body is wool in olive shade. Sleeves and pocket flaps are seal horsehide. Horn buttons, rayon lining, etc. In very good shape. Knits are good. All buttons present. Leather has been broken in and just starting to show some nice character. But for those lovely knicks and blemishes here and there, there is no major damage to speak of.

Marked size 38 and fits true. Please note, this jacket has been shortened from its standard length so it is a true-waist-length jacket. I'm 5'7" and when worn with proper high-rise trousers, this jacket looks perfect and period-correct. Due to the length, this jacket would be best for someone my height or shorter.

Comes with original Eastman box. Cost $1000 new. Asking $475 plus shipping. If you're my size, here's your chance to get a honey of deal on this.

See measurements below, and please ask any all questions before purchasing, as I do not take returns on clothing items.

Sleeve (from shoulder seam to end of knit): 25"
Shoulders: 17 1/4"
Pit to Pit: 20 1/4"
Back Length (from collar seam to end of knit): 21 1/4"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass