Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS (eBay): Graflex RB 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" Series B Camera w/ Original Box

Astrobeej

New in Town

This camera belonged to my late grandfather, and it looks as though he used it once or twice, put it back in the box, put it on a shelf and never touched it again. This model was manufactured by Graflex from 1923 to 1951, and from the serial number (443514) I believe that this particular camera was made around 1947.

Super clean aside from the most minor of scuffing, everything seems to work exactly as it should. The focusing mirror lowers and raises, the shutter curtain winds and triggers (though I have no way of testing the exposure time), the focusing image is clear and bright. The hood is supple, with no cracking or tears whatsoever. There are some minor traces of green patina around the edges of some brass parts.

The only way you can find a camera like this in better condition requires a time machine!

Click either photo to go to the 7 day auction page, loaded with many more pictures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff