Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Field Leathers Two-Tone Cafe Racer - 42

Cheech

A-List Customer
I listed this on eBay a while back. Mind as well list it here. This is as nice as a leather jacket as I have ever owned, to the point that I don't wear it out of lack of occasions that merit such a nice jacket. Bizarre paradox, I know, but I'm not doing this jacket justice.

The Shinki that Greg sourced for this is a sight to behold (supple, grainy, shiny), and the detailing, particularly on the back, is spectacular. That said, the fit is what makes this jacket. I'm 6'1.5" and about 190 pounds, with a 42-inch chest. This jacket is a perfect slim-fitting cafe racer without any of the constriction. The curvature of the arms makes the narrow sleeves super-comfortable, and the shoulder gussets, which blend in well with the back design, provide a full range of motion. I typically gravitate toward simpler designs like the J-100 and Flat Head's cafe racer, but this jacket has ruined me for close-fitting jackets that don't have fully functional shoulder gussets.

Measurements are as follows:
Pit to pit: 22 inches
Sleeve length (from shoulder seam straight down to cuff): 25.75 inches
Shoulder width (from seam to seam): 18.25 inches
Back length (from collar seam to hem): 25.5 inches
Hem opening: 19.5 inches

Seeking $1100 (via PayPal FF), which includes shipping in the continental US. Will gladly make custom arrangements for international shipping and PayPal commerce options.

1 - Gl5eTVt.jpg
2 - Ck5zGRp.jpg
3 - OTne7up.jpg
4 - 4lfOQNY.jpg
5 - l2vnjb9.jpg
6 - q1Pvz2L.jpg
7 - 2cERxGZ.jpg
8 - f3YuNHJ.jpg
9 - AgJv1Wi.jpg
10 - hmxTFrs.jpg

Rgcards

A-List Customer
I'm actually thinking of relisting it. It's very tapered. Almost too small around the belly. But it looks very good.

Rgcards

A-List Customer
So it's a close fit, but I think it's really supposed to fit that way. I'm about 7 pounds more than my usual weight, and honestly its that close. I am 6'"1 211, and at 205 it would probably be better. I have a 43 in chest and about 34 -35 inch waist. Usually wear 33 Jean, 34 dress pant, 42-44 jacket. This is really for an athletic build, need at least an 8 inch taper from chest to waist, but nine would be better,l. When I'm not depressed I have a 9 " drop, but when work gets me down, I get about an inch on my waist. So I'm torn, this really is a grail jacket. Unlike other jackets( which I own,, freewheelers , real McCoy) this truly is one of a kind and perfectly made. closest comparison is some good wear samples which are also one of a kind and awesome but the two tone is not something jon would do.

Attachments

• IMG_20221222_223649894.jpg
    IMG_20221222_223649894.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20221222_223524553.jpg
    IMG_20221222_223524553.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 77

Jiaward

One of the Regulars
So it's a close fit, but I think it's really supposed to fit that way. I'm about 7 pounds more than my usual weight, and honestly its that close. I am 6'"1 211, and at 205 it would probably be better. I have a 43 in chest and about 34 -35 inch waist. Usually wear 33 Jean, 34 dress pant, 42-44 jacket. This is really for an athletic build, need at least an 8 inch taper from chest to waist, but nine would be better,l. When I'm not depressed I have a 9 " drop, but when work gets me down, I get about an inch on my waist. So I'm torn, this really is a grail jacket. Unlike other jackets( which I own,, freewheelers , real McCoy) this truly is one of a kind and perfectly made. closest comparison is some good wear samples which are also one of a kind and awesome but the two tone is not something jon would do.
Keep it, looks good.

willyto

One Too Many
I would say not to let this one go for now. We all go through phases when we gain morer weight that we should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko