Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Freewheelers BRAKEMAN Shinki Horsehide Leather Jacket sz 42 Black

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Freewheelers Japan "BRAKEMAN" Shinki Horsehide Leather Jacket Size 42, "Rude Black", 2019.

$1750 w/Free Shipping. USA sale only, I will not ship outside the USA. However, if you're international you can purchase this from me on Ebay and have it shipped to you through Ebay's Global Shipping option. The link to the Ebay auction is here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284214914841

Measurements in inches -
Chest (jacket lying flat measured across front from armpit to armpit): 22"
Shoulders: 19"
Back Length: 28"
Sleeves: 25.5"

Specs/features -
Black Shinki Horsehide with beautiful grain.
Body Lining: Wool.
Sleeve Lining: Cotton Flannel with Storm Cuffs
1 interior pocket
Condition: New with hang-tags.

brakeman1.jpg
brakeman2.jpg
brakeman3.jpg
brakeman4.jpg
brakeman5.jpg
brakeman6.jpg
brakeman7.jpg
brakeman8.jpg
brakeman11.jpg

Last edited:

mtrlr

One of the Regulars
Amazing. Wondering how many cool stuffs you still have in your closet ;) Wish it's something brown though.

Camaro1967

One of the Regulars
I can’t help but wonder how forgiving the cut for this jacket is, given that it isn’t that far removed from the measurements of my Mulholland in size 44.

On mine, the chest is about 1 inch more but I have some wiggle room. It makes me think a 22 is doable since I rarely wear the zip all the way up.

And the shoulders and sleeves on this one are only about .5 smaller but that doesn’t seem significant enough to make the fit impossible.

This is the part of TFL that drives me crazy, talking myself into and out of the idea of whether jackets on the margins of what I can fit are feasible. Sigh.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I can’t help but wonder how forgiving the cut for this jacket is, given that it isn’t that far removed from the measurements of my Mulholland in size 44.

On mine, the chest is about 1 inch more but I have some wiggle room. It makes me think a 22 is doable since I rarely wear the zip all the way up.

And the shoulders and sleeves on this one are only about .5 smaller but that doesn’t seem significant enough to make the fit impossible.

This is the part of TFL that drives me crazy, talking myself into and out of the idea of whether jackets on the margins of what I can fit are feasible. Sigh.

If it helps, I'm 6ft 180lbs, 18" shoulders, 40.5" chest and also 40.5" around the thickest part of my gut with my gut relaxed. The fit on me wearing only a T-Shirt under it is perfect and looks and feels like it was tailor made for me. The only issue I have with it and the reason I'm selling it is that it's a hair snugger than I'd like if I layer something like say a track jacket (for example) under it. It's not really that bad, it's still fully wearable, but I also have a Journeyman in a 42 that's slightly roomier and a bit more ideal for layering under. I've decided I don't need both in my collection, so I'm letting the Brakeman go. It's great, and if it weren't for the Journeyman being better on me for layering, or if I preferred a trimmer fit VS looser for this type of jacket, I'd be keeping it. Anyways, hopefully my description of the fit is helpful.

Camaro1967

One of the Regulars
If it helps, I'm 6ft 180lbs, 18" shoulders, 40.5" chest and also 40.5" around the thickest part of my gut with my gut relaxed. The fit on me wearing only a T-Shirt under it is perfect and looks and feels like it was tailor made for me. The only issue I have with it and the reason I'm selling it is that it's a hair snugger than I'd like if I layer something like say a track jacket (for example) under it. It's not really that bad, it's still fully wearable, but I also have a Journeyman in a 42 that's slightly roomier and a bit more ideal for layering under. I've decided I don't need both in my collection, so I'm letting the Brakeman go. It's great, and if it weren't for the Journeyman being better on me for layering, or if I preferred a trimmer fit VS looser for this type of jacket, I'd be keeping it. Anyways, hopefully my description of the fit is helpful.
I appreciate the details. I’m 6”3’ and around 220lbs and I find my Mulholland to work with just a thin layer under, but I still have a little wiggle room. The chest on the jacket is 46 inches but I imagine if it was 45 or even 44, since I don’t usually zip up, I could possibly swing it. But I’m also just guessing and infatuated with how beautiful this thing is. A dangerous combination to my wallet.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Where is it snug in you? I have a 42 in chest and a 34 inch waist

In the upper chest and armpits, but only if I layer a track jacket (my go-to layering item) under it. Even then it's still do-able, just not as comfortable as my Journeyman.

Logician

One of the Regulars
Freewheelers Japan "BRAKEMAN" Shinki Horsehide Leather Jacket Size 42, "Rude Black", 2019.

$1750 w/Free Shipping. USA sale only, I will not ship outside the USA. However, if you're international you can purchase this from me on Ebay and have it shipped to you through Ebay's Global Shipping option. The link to the Ebay auction is here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284214914841

Measurements in inches -
Chest (jacket lying flat measured across front from armpit to armpit): 22"
Shoulders: 19"
Back Length: 28"
Sleeves: 25.5"

Specs/features -
Black Shinki Horsehide with beautiful grain.
Body Lining: Wool.
Sleeve Lining: Cotton Flannel with Storm Cuffs
1 interior pocket
Condition: New with hang-tags.

View attachment 317069 View attachment 317070 View attachment 317071 View attachment 317072 View attachment 317073 View attachment 317074 View attachment 317075 View attachment 317076 View attachment 317079
If you change your mind and are willing to ship to Canada, I might be interested. I would not buy through Ebay's Global Shipping though. An extraordinary jacket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko