Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Freewheelers Mulholland Vintage Black 44

Roy Hobbs

One of the Regulars
Hey everyone, up for sale is my Freewheelers Vintage Black size 44. Bought it brand new in October and have worn it a few times inside the house and only once outside. As you all know the construction is impeccable. No scratches or abrasions and lining is in perfect condition. Shinki smells wonderful. Sadly this was my “it” jacket but it doesn’t fit my frame as well as I thought it would. Guess I have to keep looking.

Asking $2400 shipped conus ppff. Please feel free to ask any questions. Thanks

Measurements:
Pit to pit 23.5”
Waist 21”
Sleeve straight down 25”
Shoulders 20”
Back length 25.5”

Attachments

• 4C8D68F5-FC93-4F60-86F1-840A692643CA.jpeg
    4C8D68F5-FC93-4F60-86F1-840A692643CA.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 127
  • 43FAD537-60DA-442F-830C-8BF2581DE6E9.jpeg
    43FAD537-60DA-442F-830C-8BF2581DE6E9.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 122
  • 23CB0C72-CB92-4494-84F7-F5560DD2E0F9.jpeg
    23CB0C72-CB92-4494-84F7-F5560DD2E0F9.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 118
  • 97FF9F04-70F5-4978-B55E-38A13C525A01.jpeg
    97FF9F04-70F5-4978-B55E-38A13C525A01.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 123
  • D399B9D5-7FD9-4760-A497-0F1CE687CEBD.jpeg
    D399B9D5-7FD9-4760-A497-0F1CE687CEBD.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 111
  • 011A4A7C-BCD9-4AC1-88D1-AB3FB4F50703.jpeg
    011A4A7C-BCD9-4AC1-88D1-AB3FB4F50703.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 99
  • 4FADE5DD-CFAD-447D-942C-1C98D928CF17.jpeg
    4FADE5DD-CFAD-447D-942C-1C98D928CF17.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 104
  • 90CB34AC-CA7F-4A12-AC1B-107A1FBD4F28.jpeg
    90CB34AC-CA7F-4A12-AC1B-107A1FBD4F28.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 109
  • D600ABEB-6FD2-427C-B2FF-3D5A8680450D.jpeg
    D600ABEB-6FD2-427C-B2FF-3D5A8680450D.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 107
  • B44C8581-4C66-4DD1-97CE-9B0EAAEEEA2F.jpeg
    B44C8581-4C66-4DD1-97CE-9B0EAAEEEA2F.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 126

58panheadfan

One Too Many
The mullholand jacket is indeed tricky and doesn't suit every body shape... my former size 44" was a nerve-wracking
1" too long in front for my taste, even though I'm 5'11". There is often a sizing problem with "made in japan" jackets. The manufacturers have it better under control today than they used to, but they still don't manage to convert the measurements from one size to another correctly. Moreover, most of the jackets are made for the asian market and it is well known that the people there have different body proportions than we do in the west...

However, GLWS! And if the right person meets the right jacket - bingo!

Roy Hobbs

One of the Regulars
The mullholand jacket is indeed tricky and doesn't suit every body shape... my former size 44" was a nerve-wracking
1" too long in front for my taste, even though I'm 5'11". There is often a sizing problem with "made in japan" jackets. The manufacturers have it better under control today than they used to, but they still don't manage to convert the measurements from one size to another correctly. Moreover, most of the jackets are made for the asian market and it is well known that the people there have different body proportions than we do in the west...

However, GLWS! And if the right person meets the right jacket - bingo!
You’re totally right on this. It’s an amazing jacket but I have a western frame with a wider chest and a little but of a gut. The arms are great for me but the movement just doesn’t work with it zipped. I find my Thedi or Aero have a more relaxed fit. Not afraid to spend the $ on something so well made but it has to be comfortable for my frame. It just sucks because this jacket looks and quality are amazing. Thanks for the info, I actually just followed you on Instagram and am referencing one of your pics on a new Thedi order with Carrie!

58panheadfan

One Too Many
You’re totally right on this. It’s an amazing jacket but I have a western frame with a wider chest and a little but of a gut. The arms are great for me but the movement just doesn’t work with it zipped. I find my Thedi or Aero have a more relaxed fit. Not afraid to spend the $ on something so well made but it has to be comfortable for my frame. It just sucks because this jacket looks and quality are amazing. Thanks for the info, I actually just followed you on Instagram and am referencing one of your pics on a new Thedi order with Carrie!
Absolutely my Thedis are super comfy. As you rightly pointed out, no matter how beautiful a jacket is made but there is no use if it doesn't fit properly. Exactly, movement in FW Mullholand is limited and really a pain (through its construction). Question: Why are there "so many "Mulholland in the classifieds section?

I have gained experience with shoes/boots as well. If shoes are made in Europe with the appropriate lasts for the foot shapes that are common here, they fit like gloves. I can't even get into shoes made in Japan, for example Engineers... (lace-up shoes forgive a little bit more). Happy whose foot shape is made for the Asian market.

Thank you for your kind words, may I ask you which pic you choose for your new Thedi Order? ;)

Again, GLWS and your Mulholland looks like new and I am sure it will find a good new home soon...

Last edited:

Roy Hobbs

One of the Regulars
Absolutely my Thedis are super comfy. As you rightly pointed out, no matter how beautiful a jacket is made but there is no use if it doesn't fit properly. Exactly, movement in FW Mullholand is limited and really a pain (through its construction). Question: Why are there "so many "Mulholland in the classifieds section?

I have gained experience with shoes/boots as well. If shoes are made in Europe with the appropriate lasts for the foot shapes that are common here, they fit like gloves. I can't even get into shoes made in Japan, for example Engineers... (lace-up shoes forgive a little bit more). Happy whose foot shape is made for the Asian market.

Thank you for your kind words, may I ask you which pic you choose for your new Thedi Order? ;)

Edit: Again, GLWS and your Mulholland looks like new and I am sure it will find a good new home soon...
Yup. You said it. I have the problem of a wide chest, longer torso but shorter arms. Thedi‘s work great, FW by the numbers should have But alas, one dream comes to an end. I think if I were a 42 in size this would have been perfect. I used this jacket specifically for the back…https://www.instagram.com/p/CYO7leRIAWB/. Now I just gotta get this sold so I can continue to find my “it” jacket that’s “it“ for me! (and FL…I know everyone says that! )

Thanks again!

Now let’s get this sold!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

One of Thedi's best designs imo :D

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Yup. You said it. I have the problem of a wide chest, longer torso but shorter arms. Thedi‘s work great, FW by the numbers should have But alas, one dream comes to an end. I think if I were a 42 in size this would have been perfect. I used this jacket specifically for the back…https://www.instagram.com/p/CYO7leRIAWB/. Now I just gotta get this sold so I can continue to find my “it” jacket that’s “it“ for me! (and FL…I know everyone says that! )

Thanks again!

Now let’s get this sold!
Cool, great choice... just an input for sizing: Make sure to give your exact measurements to carrie, because Thedi's Stock Jackets tends to have longer sleeves than standard and the Jacket is short on back, as usual for this type of MC Jacket (my size L has a 24" / 61 cm back lenght). This Jacket is "made from a Biker for a Biker", perfect balanced and perfect in movement due the action back, for sure also very usuable for daily non-biking use. As you can see on my Jacket, it has some modifactions on pocket design than Thedis standard MTC-127949

Note: The MTC-127949 is completely different from the Mulholland, this is a "fashion jacket" even if it is based on an original MC Jacket. It looks great, made from excellent quality and has a very nice shinki HH leather. I have been riding motorcycles for 30 years, but I would not have put on the Mulholland for a motorcycle ride for a second. Of course, I don't know how it behaved technically with the original from which the Mulholland is copied, but the FW Mulholland is technically a "night mare" for motorcycling e.g. due the one-piece back, too long in front which ultimately shows when you sit upright e.g. on a touring or chopper bike, the jacket slides up and the neck of the jacket slides up to your ears and you look like "quasimodo" - lol

Edit: There is a reason, called evolution why a lot of MC Jackets (beside of cafe racers, that’s another story) are made from similar construction: short, belted, cross-zipped, w-collar, action back to name a few…

I am sorry to "jammed" your thread... GLWS!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo