Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Freewheelers Speed Master Size 42

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
Hi guys,

Here is my beloved Freewheelers Speed Master size 42 up for sale. This is produced in 2017 in "Blackjack" shinki tea-core leather.

Origin of the jacket, interesting read for you:

In the 1930s, it was said to be the dawn of leather jackets (motorcycle jackets), and various leather jackets were released by various brands. At that time, there was no established and standardized leather jacket, and each brand released jackets with a highly functional design through trial and error.

"Leathertogs" is called as a phantom among Japanese vintage lovers. It is said that it was founded and existed in Boston, USA from 1920 to 1940, and all the products were made to order and were made in small quantities with high-end specifications, making them unique items. It is said that Leathertogs made the world's first D-pocket type riders. The brand details remain a mystery as it disappeared spontaneously after the war, but in honor of the brand, it is now revived by the Freewheelers.

Under the real-name reproduction series Leathertogs, Speed master a single type motorcycle jacket of the 1930s-1940s style. In Freewheelers Leathertogs line, some reproduction items of existing models have been released such as La Brea, Centinela and Daredevel, but Speedmaster is an item that did not exist at that time. Freewheelers had their own assumption on what a single rider jacket produced by Leathertogs would look like back in 1940s.

Yes, again, this is a good jacket designed and produced by Freewheelers. The last Freewheelers Speedmaster was produced in 2017 and there's no plan that Freewheelers will release this model again in the near future. You can expect every bit of "Freewheelers" flavor in this jacket. Quote from our lovely member Monitor: "This is the nicest, coolest, sleekest CR that's ever been made, IMO. It's perfect."

Please see photo below. The jacket in perfect condition. There are some tea-core visible in the arm pit and on the sleeves.
Measurement (please see photo):
Pit to pit: 54.5cm
Shoulder:47.5cm
Sleeves (along the outside of the sleeves): 66cm
Back (from the neck seam to the botton): 64.5cm

My asking price is 1450 euro. Happy to discuss any postal option with the buyer. If you have any questions, let me know!

upload_2021-10-5_9-46-27.jpeg

upload_2021-10-5_9-46-43.jpeg

upload_2021-10-5_9-47-4.jpeg

upload_2021-10-5_9-47-19.jpeg

upload_2021-10-5_9-47-38.jpeg

upload_2021-10-5_9-47-51.jpeg

upload_2021-10-5_9-48-7.jpeg

Sherlocklooms

Familiar Face
I'm interested. How wide is the bottom opening of the jacket? The measurements of this jacket are similar to my Freewheelers Sunset D-Pocket, which is a little snug but shapes well to my frame. Any chance you have pics of you wearing it . . . would be helpful . . . thanks.

Sherlocklooms

Familiar Face
Thank you for the additional info and pics. It's hard to know how it will fit. I fit well in the 42 Sunset D-Pocket; its a snug fit. I bought a 44 Mulholland and the fit is nice too, with a little more room for comfort with a layer. Any thoughts you can share as far as fit on the speedmaster? Due to the styling it "looks" very slim, so it's hard to gauge. Thanks!

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
Thank you for the additional info and pics. It's hard to know how it will fit. I fit well in the 42 Sunset D-Pocket; its a snug fit. I bought a 44 Mulholland and the fit is nice too, with a little more room for comfort with a layer. Any thoughts you can share as far as fit on the speedmaster? Due to the styling it "looks" very slim, so it's hard to gauge. Thanks!
Hmm… fit is such a subjective matter so I can only chip in my thoughts. First of all for this jacket I would definitely go snug fit, even tight fit because this is a sleek single rider. I have seem slim guys go for loose fit for this jacket, I have to say that doesn’t look that good. In this case I would only put on a t-shirt or maximum a shirt inside the jacket. Fit wise, it’s tighter than Mulholland 42 for sure, especially on the belly part. I would say it fits similar with a la Brea size 40. One thing to point out is that the it feels more more comfortable when you raise your arms to the front (rider position?) compared to dropping your arms. Unfortunately I have never tried on a sunset so I can’t give you more details.

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
Nice jacket!
May I ask what is your height and weight?
Where in Europe is the jacket located?
Sure, I’m 173 cm tall and I weigh 85kg. Naked chest 106cm. Armspan 179cm. Wearing this jacket in tight fit.

The jacket is located in the Netherlands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto