Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS/FT: Woolrich Wool Hunting Jacket & Pants Set from late 1940s - Size 42 - bonus pants estimated Size 33

stook1

New in Town
Based upon my non-expert (but informed enough to be dangerous) analysis this Woolrich set is from the late 40s. This is based upon the label and breast pocket sizing, which is unique to this era. I purchased this set from a reseller after looking for a long while. However, I never ended up dry cleaning the set, which needs to be done prior to use. Very original and very cool jacket with original hardware and buttons.

The 100% wool shell is in good but not perfect shape - couple very minor bits of damage that would be visible up close scrutinizing it for defects but unlikely to be seen in normal use by anyone else. The lining is in excellent shape. A lot of these jackets have pretty ragged lining, which is not at all the case here. There is a pin hole in the lining next to the label and I think another around the same size towards the bottom but otherwise in great shape. The knit cuffs are also in good shape if a bit less elasticy than modern knits. To be honest, I have no clue if that's a function of wear or the original vintage materials.

I'm considering the pants to be a bonus. There is a one larger hole in the pants, which could of course be mended - I'd estimate it's a tad less than the size of a dime and likely damage from use (or maybe a super duper hungry moth, who knows).

Asking $175 for the set and open to trades a well.

6U6A4923.JPG

6U6A4931.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21