Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fs: Goodwear "Arcadia" size 46 / More Photos added 2-28

saucerfiend

Practically Family
For sale is this Goodwear "Arcadia" size 46

Unfortunately, since purchasing it, I've lost about 20 lbs., and now it's just too big. My wish and hope is to stay at my present weight, so it makes sense to pass this on to someone it will fit.
This is JC's newest civilian jacket model.
It's made of John's beautiful Japanese russet horsehide. The zippers are vintage talons. The lining is a gorgeous, vintage like wool plaid with brown cotton sleeve linings.
Here is the link on "Fedora" when I first recieved it:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?53286-New-Good-Wear-quot-Arcadia-quot-pics
A few more shots:
arcadia1.jpg

arcadia.jpg

arcadia2.jpg

arcadia7.jpg

arcadia9.jpg

arcadia4.jpg

arcadia6.jpg

arcadia3.jpg

arcadia8.jpg

arcadia5.jpg

The jacket HAS NOT been worn outside of my home and looks exactly the way it's pictured. As new!
Measurements are: Pit ot pit {approx.} - Front - 25 1/4"
Back - 25 1/2"
Waist {uncinched} 23"
Shoulders - 20"
Front length - 23 1/2"
Back length - 26"
Sleeves - 25 1/2"
Price is $800.00 + shipping
This is a test jacket and not custom fit!
John is not taking new orders for a while, so take advantage of this chance.
I hate to let it go as the materials and workmanship on this jacket are second to none. But I'm awaiting 2 A-2's from John that will be custom fit.
I'll be putting this up in the VLJ classified adds as well.

email at: saucerfiend@msn.com
Phone # {732}297-0697 in New Jersey

Brian

Last edited:

767fo

One of the Regulars
That is a beautiful jacket. I have a few of John's jackets in that hide and I feel it has to be one of the nicest hides available anywhere. Good luck with the sale, it can't be easy letting this one go.

saucerfiend

Practically Family
That is a beautiful jacket. I have a few of John's jackets in that hide and I feel it has to be one of the nicest hides available anywhere. Good luck with the sale, it can't be easy letting this one go.

It's never easy letting one of JC's jackets go. As I said in my ad, this one is a "WORK OF ART".

Brian

saucerfiend

Practically Family
John,
When you "bump" a listing, you send it back to the top. As many ads are listed and answered, sending the listings back to the top, and an original listing can get buried very quickly.
The fit of the jacket is a vintage one. Yes, it tapers to the waist, with side-belt adjustments. It is a roomy size 46. "Test jacket" refers to the first one of this model made by Goodwear.
A new, custom fit one, sells for 950.00. And as I stated in the ad, Goodwear has ceased taking new orders for the present time. Again, the jacket has not been worn by me for other than to try it on for fitting, and is "AS NEW" for 800.00 + shipping.

Brian

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Price reduced!!! $700.00 + shipping

I can't believe no one bought this from me yet. Let me repeat. GOODWEAR IS NOT TAKING NEW ORDERS AT THIS TIME!!! This is in a hard to find, large size 46. This is as low as I go. If I can't get the 700.00 for this, then I will keep it and use it with a heavy sweater.

Brian

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I can't believe no one bought this from me yet. Let me repeat. GOODWEAR IS NOT TAKING NEW ORDERS AT THIS TIME!!! This is in a hard to find, large size 46. This is as low as I go. If I can't get the 700.00 for this, then I will keep it and use it with a heavy sweater.

Brian

It's a screamin' deal, I know, but, sadly, that lottery ticket I bought was NOT a winner.

767fo

One of the Regulars
This jacket is a great deal. I have a few of John's A2's in this hide and I wish it was my size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner