Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Lee Trevor CHP-styled leather jacket, XXL

Hello!

For your consideration, Lee Trevor Police Highway Patrol styled leather jacket, in size XXL, which would translate roughly to 44-46, if my measuring is any good. Made in France, bought in London in the 90's.

This is another jacket belonging to my friend and it was the first one I've ever seen from this brand. I've stumbled upon a two more afterwards, but none as nice as this. Design-wise, I mean. Looking online, some of these were a bit over the top with some dodgy design choices but this one turned out quite good.
These Lee Trevor jackets do pop-up for sale occasionally, with sellers claiming they used to go for a $1000 a piece... Can't really comment on that, but my friend did pay for it as much as he did for the HWM from another thread, and I doubt Aero was ever selling cheap. He has also been told that this jacket is made either form deer or horse hide, something that I personally doubt myself. Looks like a good old cow to me...

Either way, this is a really nice, quality jacket, on par in every aspect with Schott, which must've been a main source of inspiration for mr. Trevor. :D The jacket is well thought of and superbly executed. Flawless stitching and construction. Leather is around the same weight as Schott steer and feels surprisingly similar to it. Soft, smooth, not too shiny and quite substantial hide. I would say it's around 2.5 - 3 oz all around. The 'worn' out parts haven't been sanded or nothing like that, the jacket's just been dyed this way, so I imagine a lot of work has been put into these jackets.

The jacket features six pockets, four on the outside and two inside, rayon lining, shoulder gussets, waist laces, adjustable snap cuffs, collar with hidden snaps, chain pulls, belt loops, etc., etc... Lovely, fully functional Police MC jacket, albeit not as heavy as, say, Cal-Leather or Vanson.

As for the condition of the jacket, it's been worn a handful of times, as you can tell from the photos. Absolutely zero issues to report. Good as new. Again, it just looks beaten up but it's been made that way!

Asking for 150 GBP / 230 USD (or best REASONABLE offer) plus shipping. So, if you're not as scrawny as I am and in a need of a cool MC jacket, you won't regret getting buying this one. Honestly, just as good as any Schott I've seen.

Measurements:
Chest: 24.5" / 62 cm
Waist: 20" / 50 cm (minimum, as the sides are laced up, so add a four inches or so to this)
Back: 25" / 63.5 cm
Sleeves: 24" / 61 cm
Shoulders: 23" / 58 cm

Photos:

As always, plenty more high res photos in the gallery: http://s866.photobucket.com/user/DogLizard/library/Lee Trevor
I've taken quite a few close-up's so you can see the grain and all. Very lovely leather. I'd really love to buy this jacket off my friend myself, but it's just waaay too large for me. Was thinking about having it tailored and if there won't be any interest at all in it, I just might do that.

Well, that's that. Any questions at all, shoot me a PM and I'll answer ASAP. Again, reasonable offers accepted. If anyone's up for a trade, let me know whatcha got!

Cheers!

Last edited:
SOLD!

...though I feel I may have made a mistake selling this one because it was one of the best jackets I've ever owned. Just so cool looking, functional, super heavy jacket. Should've bought it myself. If only it was a tad smaller... Oh well, I hope the new owner enjoys it!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy