Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geekrobot

One of the Regulars
Lewis Leathers Aviakit Lightning No. 391 Leather Jacket.
20220108_101812.jpg 20220108_102925.jpg 20220108_101856.jpg 20220108_101949.jpg 20220108_102128.jpg

Asking $650 OBO plus shipping.

Hello,

Up for sale is my amazing Lewis Leathers Lightning leather jacket.

This jacket has the soft, lightweight leather earlier Lewis Leathers jackets are known for. It is likely their sheepskin from that time based on its extremely soft hand [though I can't be 100% sure], which is part of what made the vintage jackets so popular. It's super comfortable and easy to wear.

For such an old favorite, this jacket is in great condition. The most notable flaw is that one of the side adjustment belts has come off. The buckle for that belt is intact, though, so it doesn't look out of place. The rest of the belts and other hardware are in excellent shape. All the zippers work well.

The leather is soft, light, and supple. It is black, with a slightly cool grey / dark green look at certain angles. I had another Lightning from this era with the same lightweight black leather. There are two small areas as pictured where the stitching has opened a bit. These have been secured down with a dab of fabric glue on the inside to prevent further opening, so they don't impact wear, but can easily be fixed with a few quick stitches. One is at the shoulder stitching on the back of one arm, the other at the bottom corner of the jacket closure.

Besides that, the jacket is in great shape for its age. No tears in the original red quilted signature Lewis lining, or the sleeve lining. The overall exterior patina is also extremely clean. There are a few marks here and there as pictured, but nothing major. No odors.

Label size is 36 men's.

The amateur measurements are as follows. Please ensure that these will fit as I do not accept returns.

Shoulders: 46 cm

Chest Pit to pit: 49 cm

Length from bottom of collar on back to bottom of hem: 59 cm

Sleeve length: 62 cm

Please carefully view photos and ask any questions.

I have been collecting Lewis Leathers jackets for nearly 10 years now, this is a good one. Thank you for looking!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner