Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Lost Worlds Easy Rider HH Jacket 42

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I don't have any personal experience though I have seen numerous high end jackets listed and sold by Zot over the years.

You would think---ESPECIALLY if the guy is just using the platform for sales as it appears he is --- that he wouldn't burn this bridge as a sales platform. I think we'd ALL prefer to sell our jackets here to fellow members. Personally I prefer BUYING from members here too. No Fees and BS taxes!!!!!! You generally get a better class of seller here that is more knowledgeable on jackets and measurements and fair with pricing. We follow each other's purchase history and interested members will express interest in sold items in case the item doesn't work out for the buyer. This is a great place to buy and sell. Why would someone with so much positive sales history here ruin his reputation and ability to sell in the future?? I know he can just start another account under a new name but still........

Besides basically screwing Carlos, what's crappy is that this also sorta taints the notion of PayPal F&F payments. It may chill these transactions and make us all have a little doubt about paying that way. This is a shame. I hope we can all still trust each other.

BikerMan

A-List Customer
Trust is so hard to earn but super easy to lose.
Possibly in the hospital. I’ve seen numerous accounts on eBay where they have a huge run of positives. Than all of a sudden they get five straight negatives. I come to find out they were in the hospital and had no one to ship out their product. This only accounts for why he hadn’t got back to you, not for selling you defective gear. I’m not taking up for the guy by no means. Don’t know him. Maybe somebody took over for him that’s not that keen on details like us( guys who’ve collected all their lives)..Seems a waste to have that many excellent transactions than burn bridges over two zippers. Doesn’t make sense to me. What do I know. I’m 63 years old and spend half my paycheck on leather jackets. Lol

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Been holding off commenting because I can understand Carlos's pain. But we're painting Zot to be some mastermind criminal who sold sounds like dozens of jackets in fair transactions only to one day fool us all by ripping off Carlos. And what was this grand pay off, maybe a couple hundred bucks? You figure he's got to buy the jacket to sell it. Maybe he bought it cheap because of the broken zipper. So how much did he actually make? Again a couple hundred bucks? Two years selling jackets, big long con, to scam a few hundred bucks. Doesn't make sense.

Again, if he didn't disclose the zipper issue, shame on him, but we crucifying the guy, why, because he's gone missing a couple weeks. Life happens. Maybe he's sick. Maybe he had a death in the family. We got a lot of first world problems on these forums, it's easy to forget life still happens.

Would be nice for Carlos to get a response and hopefully a credit of course. But I don't think we have the whole story yet to start proceedings.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Been holding off commenting because I can understand Carlos's pain. But we're painting Zot to be some mastermind criminal who sold sounds like dozens of jackets in fair transactions only to one day fool us all by ripping off Carlos. And what was this grand pay off, maybe a couple hundred bucks? You figure he's got to buy the jacket to sell it. Maybe he bought it cheap because of the broken zipper. So how much did he actually make? Again a couple hundred bucks? Two years selling jackets, big long con, to scam a few hundred bucks. Doesn't make sense.

Again, if he didn't disclose the zipper issue, shame on him, but we crucifying the guy, why, because he's gone missing a couple weeks. Life happens. Maybe he's sick. Maybe he had a death in the family. We got a lot of first world problems on these forums, it's easy to forget life still happens.

Would be nice for Carlos to get a response and hopefully a credit of course. But I don't think we have the whole story yet to start proceedings.

I think you are painting this wrong. ( On the edge of a strawman really!)
Nobody ever implied he was a criminal mastermind, nobody implied he had sold jackets under fair transaction previously just to gain our trust with the ultimate goal of scamming me.

All i am saying is, Zot was a seller i trusted, i now have stopped trusting him has he has screwed me over.
If you want to buy from him be my guest, just be aware that he has sold me a jacket whilst lying about the leather thickness, the measurements and the condition of the zipper, which i had specifically asked him to double check before commiting to buy.

Life happens, i get it, maybe he needed quick cash, but for me life was sending him 1500$ and getting burnt...
As somebody else said, everyone is a trustworthy good guy untill they are not.

Last edited:

sshack

A-List Customer
I think you are painting this wrong. ( On the edge of a strawman really!)
Nobody ever implied he was a criminal mastermind, nobody implied he had sold jackets under fair transaction previously just to gain our trust with the ultimate goal of scamming me.

All i am saying is, Zot was a seller i trusted, i now have stopped trusting him has he has screwed me over.
If you want to buy from him be my guest, just be aware that he has sold me a jacket whilst lying about the leather thickness, the measurements and the condition of the zipper, which i had specifically asked him to double check before commiting to buy.

Life happens, i get it, maybe he needed quick cash, but for me life was sending him 1500$ and getting burnt...
As somebody else said, everyone is a trustworthy good guy untill they are not.
Yeah, I think we're all too smart (naturally, since we're into Leather Jackets!) and we're overthinking this. Carlos got screwed over. Carlos warned us to avoid Zot. He didn't have to, but he did. Thank you, Carlos. Caveat frikin' Emptor.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I personally mentioned my experience with zot just to point out that his behavior of deceiving carlos was not "normal behavior " an its surprising based on previous behavior. Hopefully he finally responds to carlos, the difference between 3.0z&4.0z l.w. is enormous so it implies this was intentional.
Life does happen unexpectedly. Last year I lost my job of 6 years ( company was sold an moved) an i had to sell all of my jackets an other possession to try an keep the bills up, point is we don't know whats up with zot rn in terms of Why he hasn't responded to carlos. Hopefully zot shows up an addresses this.

BikerMan

A-List Customer
Oh Zot where art thou. Let us know your presence so we can put this to bed. I’m really anxious about selling here now. As new as I am I’d probably be strung up and hung if I made a mistake. Our society remembers the one bad and not the 30 good. Maybe there’s a lesson in here somewhere. I just hope I never make any of you guys mad. Lol. I do hope the guy is alright. Maybe he will grace us with his presence if we talk nice about him. Maybe not. Merry Christmas guys Tom

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Oh Zot where art thou. Let us know your presence so we can put this to bed. I’m really anxious about selling here now. As new as I am I’d probably be strung up and hung if I made a mistake. Our society remembers the one bad and not the 30 good. Maybe there’s a lesson in here somewhere. I just hope I never make any of you guys mad. Lol. I do hope the guy is alright. Maybe he will grace us with his presence if we talk nice about him. Maybe not. Merry Christmas guys Tom

Where are you located? Sometimes, I feel more at ease purchasing items from the states. A little less hassle with customs. I am always open to giving a person a chance. Looking forward to seeing your items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ