Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: many vintage hats

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
'30s homburg

Below is a 1930s black homburg in pristine condition. And when I say pristine, I mean it.

I can find no flaws with this hat. The felt is great, the ribbon and edge binding are excellent and the liner and unreeded sweatband are perfect. They don't get much better than this.

Size- marked as 7, fits 7 1/8 well
Crown- 5" bashed
Brim- roughly 2" all around

30shomburg001.jpg

30shomburg002.jpg

30shomburg003.jpg

30shomburg004.jpg

30shomburg005.jpg

30shomburg006.jpg

You'll be hard pressed to find another as nice as this.

$95 shipped in U.S., you pay international shipping. Paypal only, PM if interested.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
'50s sporty number

A nice Stevens from the late 1950s. The felt is on the short end of the long hair spectrum in dark gray. The same style as the popular Stetson Gun Club.

This hat is perfect except for one flaw: the plastic covering on the top of the liner is flaking off but this is no biggy. Has a nice pattern ribbon and a red feather. Sweatband is excellent.

Size- marked as 7, fits 7 1/8 fine
Crown- 4" bashed
Brim- 2"

50sStevens001.jpg

50sStevens002.jpg

50sStevens003.jpg

50sStevens004.jpg

50sStevens005.jpg

50sStevens006.jpg

$40 shipped in U.S., you pay for international shipping. Paypal only, PM if interested.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
'50s Penny's Marathon

Really great condition hat. 'Open Road' style fedora in light gold, fantastic color. Felt is a tad stiff as is the norm for Penny's hats of the era.

Sweatband has become slightly wavy but is still pliable and full of life. The edge binding has a small scuff mark on the edge, see the 2nd image. Very unnoticable.

Size- 7 1/8
Crown- 4.25" bashed
Brim- 2.5"

PennysMarathon001.jpg

PennysMarathon002.jpg

PennysMarathon003.jpg

PennysMarathon004.jpg

$50 shipped in U.S., you pay for international shipping. Paypal only, PM if interested.

2manyhats

Familiar Face
thunderw21 said:
Below is a 1930s black homburg in pristine condition. And when I say pristine, I mean it.

Size- marked as 7, fits 7 1/8 well

30shomburg001.jpg

You'll be hard pressed to find another as nice as this.

$95 shipped in U.S., you pay international shipping. Paypal only, PM if interested.
Man, that is such a nice hat! But, sadly I can't come anywhere near the price your asking. At this point all I can do is drool. Great find, I hope it gets a good home.
Good luck!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Prices reduced.

-1930s homburg is now $80 shipped in U.S.

-1950s Stevens is now $30 shipped in U.S.

-1950s Pennys is now $40 shipped in U.S.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
RobFedoraField said:
do you think it would stretch to a 7 1/4? and not blow out the sweat?

I believe if could. Not only is it a loose 7 1/8, but the waves in the sweatband would give you more room to play with. It was originally a larger size (7 1/4? 7 3/8?) but at the moment fits like a 7 1/8 because of the waves.
All you'd probably have to do is give it some leather conditioner (to help it cope) and stick it on the stretcher for a little while.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Black Stetson derby, circa 1920s.
Nice condition, felt is solid. Ribbon has a little bit of wear around the edges, still good. Sweatband still has life in it, neat purple ribbon and bow at the back of sweatband. Original owner's initials in the crown along with a ventilation eyelet on each side of the crown.

Best of all, it's a size 7 3/8!

20sderby001.jpg

20sderby002.jpg

20sderby003.jpg

20sderby004.jpg

20sderby005.jpg

20sderby006.jpg

$80 shipped in U.S., you pay for international shipping. Paypal only, PM if interested.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Circa WW1 campaign hat, good condition. Felt is in great condition as is the sweatband. Several ventilation/insignia eyelets in the crown as well as chinstrap eyelets in the brim. No liner, don't know what the brand is. Original owner's name is written on the sweatband.

Size 7 1/8.

campaignhat001.jpg

campaignhat002.jpg

campaignhat003.jpg

campaignhat004.jpg

$55 shipped in U.S., you pay for international shipping. Paypal only, PM if interested.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
-The Stetson derby is now $65 shipped in the U.S.

-The campaign hat is now $50 shipped in teh U.S.

sw709

Familiar Face
Johnny-come lately???

I can't believe I just found this post, but are the Penny's Marathon & the Steven's Fedora still available?

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
bump

The Stevens, Marathon and campaign hat are sold.

The black homburg and Stetson derby are still available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany