Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Optimo Fedora, Pearl Blue, 7-5/8

slc

Familiar Face
On ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170905864115?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I’m offering for sale a beautiful Optimo fedora in light pearl blue felt, size 7-5/8. The picture of the hat in the box has the color most like the true color. That bright, white spot on the brim was actually a beam of light from the setting sun shining through the string hole in the hat box.

I bought this hat from a TFL member about a year ago. Like every Optimo hat I have ever handled, it is amazing. The crown has a center-dent crease and deep side pinches, but it is easy to reshape an Optimo hat however you like.

I have only worn the hat a few times and I have finally decided the high-crown, wider-brim hats don’t look right on me. Now that I have purchased a few custom hats made for me to my exact specifications, I never wear this one; that’s a shame for such a gorgeous lid. So it is time for it to move on to a new home.

Price: $275 + $15 shipping (US). (A brand new hat like this would cost $650 from Optimo.)

Specs:
Size = 7-5/8
Crown height = 5-1/8” as creased
Hat band = Navy ribbon, 1-3/4” grosgrain, with bow, no feather
Brim = 2-7/8”, edge bound with matching blue ribbon
Sweatband is black leather, gold embossed logo.
Liner is white satin.

Splitcoil

One of the Regulars
"I have only worn the hat a few times and I have finally decided the high-crown, wider-brim hats don’t look right on me. Now that I have purchased a few custom hats made for me to my exact specifications, I never wear this one; that’s a shame for such a gorgeous lid. So it is time for it to move on to a new home."

Nice hat, btw. I have an old Stetson that color. Very versatile.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Amazing a perfect Optimo hat in a great size that is worth USD650 new and it has not sold at USD275. I suspect the Optimo name is still too much of a hat tragics secret.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner