Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS - Outstanding Vintage 1930s/1940s Stephen L. Stetson

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
This is one of those beautiful late 30s/early 40s numbers with a tall, square crown and a medium size brim in a very good condition. No moth bites or holes, no stains. I would not part with this lovely lid if it fit my head. But since I can pull it over my ears, this is your chance to pick up a great fedora for a good price in a quality that cannot be found in hats made today.

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

I am offering you a medium brown „Famous Ten“ Stephen L. Stetson with a wonderfully soft, pliable felt. It‘s a very versatile color that goes with virtually anything. The ribbon is in a steel grey and 4.4cm/1.73“ wide. To the right back the ribbon shows some wrinkles that should steam or iron out.

Labeled as a US 7 3/8, careful measuring of the inside circumference results in 58cm/7 1/4. With a little stretching this would probably work for a 7 3/8 size, too. The head opening measures 20.1cm/7.91“ by 17cm/6.69“.
The brim has a Cavanagh edge and measures 6.5cm/a little over 2.5“.
Crown height is 13.5cm/5.31“ bashed, 15cm/5.91“ open crown.

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

It has a patented detachable leather sweat band that buttons in. It is 4.5cm/1.77“ wide, reeded and shows little or no wear.

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0667.JPG

Not sure about the liner, could be silk. Behind the top of the liner is a disclaimer that Stephen L. Stetson Company is not connected with John B. Stetson or predecessors. The top of the liner is very lightly stained.

Union tag under the sweat band as well as another disclaimer.

The hat has a wind trolley, so you can wear it confidently in windy weather knowing it will not be soiled or blown away. There is a brownish discoloration on the trolley button (looks like rust), but it doesn‘t spoil the outstanding overall impression.

Asking €110 plus shipping. Shipping insured to the US is €36, to the EU €17 and to Germany €6.

You know this is a steal, so act now before somebody else does. PM, please.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I should have known a super cool hat like this would come up in my size when I am "letting go of some hats" mode

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I know the shipping rates are disgusting. But this hat is worth it. If it fit me this would be my favorite hat, easily beating my Whippet and even my 1930s Borsalino.

Chief000731

Practically Family
I wear a 7 1/4 so I think it would fit. How do you send a PM or a e-mail I can't seem to do it I am interested in this hat but don't know how to contact the gentleman. If your able to send e-mail my address is
cjones731@windstream.net am I allowed to give that in a post?
Thank you all Carl
Nevermind I figured it out.

Last edited:

Denton

One of the Regulars
Rudie, did Canadian Cowboy or Chief buy this hat, or is it still available? If it's available, I am interested.

I can't use the pm feature, but I think you can send me an email through my profile.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Sale pending.

Denton, it seems you're too late. I'll let you know when the sale is final or if it becomes available again.
CC, you're welcome.

Chief000731

Practically Family
Should be landing soon I can't wait. But it will be worth it, It looks very nice I'll post pics when it arrives.
I guess I don't have too the pictures are right here.
Carl

Chief000731

Practically Family
Man still waiting it's still sitting in Germany, But it should be worth the wait!!! I'll let you know Rudie when it arrives. Still waiting on my Ultra Fino from Equador also they said it will take 15 to 28 days to arrive. I got the tracking # today so they should arrive about the same time.
Carl

Chief000731

Practically Family
Hey Guys my hat just arrived from Rudie. This thing is BEAUTIFUL guys. You really missed out on this one and the fit is simply perfect, and the shipping wasn't that bad at all the DHL website wasn't updated so it looked like the hat was still at the DHL office in Germany. Sorry guys but I believe I got a damn good deal on this hat. Like I said it is simply beautiful. Thanks again Rudie.
Carl
P.S. Pictures to follow later today.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I'm glad you like it. :) DHL is notorious for their horrible service, so no surprise here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24