Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Penman "The Penman" sz 7 1/2 (23 1/2") Excellent +

aught12

One of the Regulars
Every fedora aficionado should own a Penman. Some of the finest in the world. Not worn except to try it on. Pecan, Beaver. No issues -- essentially perfect. Signed by John, along with the pertinents inside the supple sweat. Comes with the exceptional Penman box. $400 shipped CONUS only please.

20140411-DSCF1934.jpg

20140411-DSCF1936.jpg

20140411-DSCF1937.jpg

20140411-DSCF1938.jpg

20140411-DSCF1939.jpg

Last edited:

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Curious why your selling this as it looks like a nice hat and being brand new too(?)
Also is the brim raw edge?
Thanks

aught12

One of the Regulars
Curious why your selling this as it looks like a nice hat and being brand new too(?)
Also is the brim raw edge?
Thanks

As mentioned a a couple previous classifieds, I've found that I'm more comfortable in size 7 5/8. Hence, my 7 1/2's are for sale. There are additional reasons to sell, as clarified in THIS recent thread.

Yes, the brim is raw. It's "The Penman" model you can find on Mr Penman's website.

makitright

One of the Regulars
Every fedora aficionado should own a Penman. Some of the finest in the world. Not worn except to try it on. Pecan, Beaver. No issues -- essentially perfect. Signed by John, along with the pertinents inside the supple sweat. Comes with the exceptional Penman box. $400 shipped CONUS only please.

View attachment 12469

View attachment 12470

View attachment 12471

View attachment 12472

View attachment 12473

I am just curious - can this hat not be slightly stretched that extra 1/8" to accommodate your preferred size of 7 5/8" - or is this a no-no on a top quality hat?

aught12

One of the Regulars
I am just curious - can this hat not be slightly stretched that extra 1/8" to accommodate your preferred size of 7 5/8" - or is this a no-no on a top quality hat?

My preferred size is 7 5/8, not 7 5/8". Maybe someone will explain how Pi comes in to play with hat sizes..

Huertecilla

Banned
My preferred size is 7 5/8, not 7 5/8". Maybe someone will explain how Pi comes in to play with hat sizes..

7 5/8 (diameter in ") x Pi = circumference in inches, meaning that the difference is 1/8 x 3.14....

What Í don´t get is the maintained size difference between UK and US as per 1951 the difference between the international and US survey inches is approximately 1/8 -inch in a mile, but alas.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Someone has a wonderful hat heading there way. It is just great you did sell this, as for your reasons are so very understandable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy