Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Penneys Marathon fedora dark mocha, shark gill ribbon 7 1/4 $75 + shipping

buler

I'll Lock Up
Buler's Xmas blowout hat sale. I'm going to try to do quick listings with great prices to get a bunch of hats sold.
I'm not doing the usual vacuuming, steaming, etc. that I normally do. I'm trying to save precious time.

I'll ship USPS priority unless otherwise requested. I have a limited number of plain (non priority) boxes.

It's a marathon of Marathons. JC Penneys Marathon fedora. Great shape. Shark gill mid ribbon (1 1/8" high). 7 1/4 size sticker behind sweat.
Great dark mocha color. Color is closest to the darker front shot.

L 8" x 6 1/2" = 22.89" appox circumference.
This still has oilskin material behind the sweatband. Usually, I'll remove that. I suggest you do because it can trap moisture.
Removing that also makes the hat fit slightly (just a tad) larger.

I'm a 7 1/4 and this hat fits nicely. But always go by circumference measurement posted.

Brim 2 1/4"
Crown is 4 3/4" at highest creased point. Factory blocked crown.

Condition report:
- some marks on top of brim from storage or stacking (most likely); not that apparent; steam/brush will probably fix that
- some dirt/flattened felt along rear of sweatband area (see last photo); will probably go away with steam/brush
- liner is a little askew
- ready to wear, needs nothing

$75 + shipping.

mocha1.JPG
mocha2.JPG
mocha3.JPG

Buler's Xmas blowout hat sale. I'm going to try to do quick listings with great prices to get a bunch of hats sold.
I'm not doing the usual vacuuming, steaming, etc. that I normally do. I'm trying to save precious time.

I'll ship USPS priority unless otherwise requested. I have a limited number of plain (non priority) boxes.

It's a marathon of Marathons. JC Penneys Marathon fedora. Great shape. Shark gill mid ribbon (1 1/8" high). 7 1/4 size sticker behind sweat.
Great dark mocha color. Color is closest to the darker front shot.

L 8" x 6 1/2" = 22.89" appox circumference.
This still has oilskin material behind the sweatband. Usually, I'll remove that. I suggest you do because it can trap moisture.
Removing that also makes the hat fit slightly (just a tad) larger.

I'm a 7 1/4 and this hat fits nicely. But always go by circumference measurement posted.

Brim 2 1/4"
Crown is 4 3/4" at highest creased point. Factory blocked crown.

Condition report:
- some marks on top of brim from storage or stacking (most likely); not that apparent; steam/brush will probably fix that
- some dirt/flattened felt along rear of sweatband area (see last photo); will probably go away with steam/brush
- liner is a little askew
- ready to wear, needs nothing

$75 + shipping.

View attachment 467027 View attachment 467028 View attachment 467029
Interesting combo of back bow features that segue into the shark's gill.

Yamahana

Practically Family
Both of these Marathons you listed today are great fedoras and well priced but I’ve got similar ones so I’ll hold out and keep awatch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ