Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS perfectly broken in Vanson octagon comet size 40

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars

Measurements
Pit to pit 23"
Shoulder to shoulder 19.5"
shoulder to cuff 26"
Nape to hem 22.75"

More photos on the eBay link. Gotta tell you the camera makes it look a fuller more shiny colour but in real life it's matte and is lighter than in the pics, which is better.

This is the original short af Comet with an extra 3/4 of an inch on the body. If you love leather this is a beautiful batch of octagon in just the right weight that is ageing divinely
IMG_20220226_111840.jpg

I can sell it to a lounger for £300 plus actual shipping cost via PP FnF please. And I will ship it in the most sympathetic way possible. For services to the lounge @Monitor can snare it for £275 if interested

Last edited:

Measurements
Pit to pit 23"
Shoulder to shoulder 19.5"
shoulder to cuff 26"
Nape to hem 22.75"

More photos on the eBay link. Gotta tell you the camera makes it look a fuller more shiny colour but in real life it's matte and is lighter than in the pics, which is better.

This is the original short af Comet with an extra 3/4 of an inch on the body. If you love leather this is a beautiful batch of octagon in just the right weight that is ageing divinely View attachment 405400

I can sell it to a lounger for £300 plus actual shipping cost via PP FnF please. And I will ship it in the most sympathetic way possible. For services to the lounge @Monitor can snare it for £275 if interested

Lol, what did I do!?

That's mega tempting, though, and I appreciate it immensely and the jacket is absolute perfection. I've had a B in Octagon. While Vanson's Comp. weight can be all over the place, Octagon was one of the most impressive leathers I've handled.

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
Lol, what did I do!?

That's mega tempting, though, and I appreciate it immensely and the jacket is absolute perfection. I've had a B in Octagon. While Vanson's Comp. weight can be all over the place, Octagon was one of the most impressive leathers I've handled.
The years of high quality input to these pages. That's what.

And now the universe is smiling on you and sending this opportunity!

I rather suspect this jacket would be immense on your frame, and I believe too that you would probably fall in love with the leather. Just my 2 Bob of course

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
In case anyone is eyeing it up, I'd better let you know that I'm going away on Thursday for a month or two, and so wouldn't be able to ship it during that period. Before then or after, I can

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
@Monitor are you thinking about it?

If you do decide to pull the trigger and I end up posting it to Croatia I'm gonna leave you a mystery gift in each breast pocket!

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
Update:

My plan was basically to sell one of my octagon jackets and have Vanson make me a two tone replacement with octagon and the olive deer tanned leather, so that I wouldn't have two in the same colour. But now that they don't have octagon anymore that plan is out the window. But I can still sell one of them as two in octagon is a bit excessive, although keeping them both would be ok too, as they are both much loved

However, given that the octagon is no longer available the situation has changed from when I originally posted. And so I'm putting the price up, just a little bit, as in light of this new information, I feel they are both more valuable (at least to me who can no longer replace them they are).

Hope you can understand.

Thus the revised asking price for this comet is £333 via PP FnF pls (or add 3.5%) with buyer to pay the shipping too. As ever I will ship it as sympathetically as possible

Last edited:

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
In taking these pics I noticed another detail which is the cuffs. I wore this jacket in Toronto recently in minus 10 with snow blowing into my face. Anyway, downstairs was some relatively new denim and when I put my hands in the pockets some of the indigo dye must have rubbed off, and you can see it on the cuffs along the seems where the original colour of the leather has worn off.
IMG_20220328_120602.jpg
IMG_20220328_120827.jpg

I imagine that would come off pretty easy but I actually like it, I think it looks cool, and so if the jacket stays with me I'll be leaving it as is

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
Loungers, just think, if Octagon never comes back this is going to be a Vanson heirloom! Moreover, I think it was made in the original octagon (this can be checked). So I'm saying you could keep it, enjoy wearing it for the next 15 years and then sell for double!!

WEEKEND FLASH SALE PRICE: £300 (plus shipping). Good till Monday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner