Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Post-WWII Borsalino Ecosca Palladio/grey Qualità Extra Extra Superiore Size 7 1/4

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino 1950s Ecosca - Palladio c. nero, European market, Qualità Extra Extra Superiore

5.5" x 2 3/8" raw edge, 19 ligne black ribbon.

Another Palladio-grey, but this one is a cooler grey, quite different from the other Borsalino that's currently for sale here.

Fantastic felt, thin and lightweight. Sharp raw edge. The crease on the ribbon is probably from earlier storage and can be steamed out.

Ideally fits a 57.3cm to 57.5cm head circumference (22 5/8", or a tad smaller). Continental size tag of 5 1/2 equals US 7 1/4.

European type block with rounded shoulders, a little more tapered than the other Borsalino (which has little taper) because of a more rounded roof (see profile photos with open crown).

Sweatband, felt, liner in solid condition. Pristine felt with almost no crease marks, unlike the other Borso which has the creases more or less set in from regular use.

I still have a few hats too many, so I selected this one for sale. I have nothing but "favorites" left, so you won't see all too many hats from me here anymore.

$275.- shipped worldwide

PM me if interested.

hf2SGFX.jpg

0pfNdfJ.jpg

FPh9fxT.jpg

XUr0tuh.jpg

jFi8bKb.jpg

Noc3XPU.jpg

PFPwoxY.jpg

xAaDoy4.jpg

fov6dQo.jpg

YPOmHTP.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Still available and dropped to $260.- shipped worldwide. Please don't expect too many further price drops for this practically mint 1950s European market Borsalino.

Instead of bumping all, let me point you to these other Classifieds threads of mine. There's another 1950s Borsalino in there, too.

Early 1930s German DB suit solid black flannel size 37

1943 tan gabardine wool DB trenchcoat with wool liner, Kling Bros. Chicago, Sz 36

post-WWII Borsalino Gorasgu Palladio (grey) cav edge Size US 7 1/4

remaining Scabal combination Sz 37 plus cashmere overcoat Sz 37-38

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Answering one question for the others to see as well:

I just weighed the hat and it weighs in at a tad less than 100g = 3.57oz. The other Borsalino for sale weighs exactly the same.

If you have come across weight references to vintage hats or vintage felt hoods, please note that almost always the weight actually referred to is NOT the weight of the finished hat (meaning including sweatband, liner and trimmings), but only the felt hood. If you see references to 2oz or 2.5oz hats, this weight refers to the felt hood alone.

The sweatband, liner and trimming together usually weigh approximately 35g = 1.25oz.

Here are some comparisons. As you can see, this Borsalino weighs the same finished as the VS lightweights do, and that is quite a lightweight.

VS hat (Vintage Silhouettes by Art Fawcett) in dressweight beaver: 4.82-5.35oz (finished hat), 3.57-4.10 (felt body alone)
VS hat (Vintage Silhouettes by Art Fawcett) in lightweight beaver: 3.57oz (finished hat), 2.32 (felt body alone)
1950s Mallory felt bodies sourced by Art, an extreme lightweight: 3oz (finished hat), 1.82oz (felt body alone)

Last edited:

Jim Flynn

Familiar Face
Hi Rabbit I just messaged you on Ebay about this hat and came back on here to see if there was any posts about this model. Anyway I would like to buy it would you let me know your paypal details please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner