Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Royal Stetson 3X Beaver 7 3/4 HOMBURG w/box, Late 40's-early 50's--Sale or trade

Bespoken4

New in Town
Hey Guys,
Though I've been a "lurker" for years, I haven't really posted anything, so this is my first dip into the Fedora waters! Hope I'm doing this correctly and not busting any rules. I've got a HUGE "mack daddy" homburg for sale, currently on eBay (closing 11/30). It's a real beauty, with no condition issues (a bit of dust, perhaps, and could use a touch of steam on the folds--but that's it!). I've never come across a Stetson 3X homburg this large, in black. From the box/labeling, I'm guessing the date as late 40's-early 50's. Can anyone confirm I'm in the right ballpark, more or less? The original box is included. I don't have a "Buy it Now" price, though I'd be open to "reasonable offers," commensurate with the rarity of the size/condition/quality. As a 7 1/2--7 5/8-wearer, I didn't think I'd actually ever find a hat too BIG for me!! But this is the one! It measures 24" in its current state, though I think there's been some age shrinkage. And I think a steam/stretch could easily eke another 1/2" out of it...atleast! I'd also consider a trade of something swell in a 7 1/2 or 5/8--fedora, opera hat or bowler in grey or brown--vintage only?
Thanks, guys!
Bespoken4/Greg

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281028844780?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
This hat IS my size, and would be of great interest to me. My email address is chdnemb@email.com and if you're amenable, we can do this through the Lounge, not Ebay. Please let me know before someone places an ebay bid!
Charlie

Bespoken4

New in Town
$200 plus shipping. I've been staking out 7 3/4 homburg auctions and that seems a reasonable price, considering the condition (mint) and size (huge).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy