Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Schott 689 Horsehide Collab Edition

AHP91

Practically Family
For sale is this special edition limited release Schott 689 horsehide leather jacket for the world renowned luxury retail company Mr. Porter. Hardly needing of an introduction, Schott NYC is one of the world’s premier motorcycle jacket companies. Established in 1913, Schott has become synonymous with high quality leather apparel and are largely credited with creating the first ever leather motorcycle jacket. Schott’ leather jackets have been worn by motorcyclist enthusiasts and celebrities alike, and have become a major symbol of the counter-culture movement within the United States and across the globe.

Made in USA, for the American market. No “made from imported materials” label featured in this piece. Features a comfortable, smooth red satin lining with an upgraded, thicker than standard jet-black horsehide leather shell. The exterior smooth and polished finish contrasts with the red satin lining to create a striking and stylish look. Other features of the traditional Schott 689 horsehide remain the same - full front zipper, heavy-duty hardware, zippered cuffs, a belted waist, and a snap-down collar. Listed as a size 'small', but please take careful note of the measurements listed below. I've tended to notice that collaboration pieces are often more meticulously created, and I definitely notice it with this jacket. I actually purchased two sizes of this 689, and wish I could keep this one. Comparing the two, this version is noticeably a higher quality hide. Alas, it's just too big for me.

This jacket is in overall excellent pre-owned condition. Impeccable stitching and extremely thick and uniform horsehide leather makes for a heavy-weight and durable jacket. One extremely faint imprint on the mid-front of the jacket, on the right size of the zipper. Otherwise, no torn seams, no lining issues, all zippers work fabulously, no foul odors. The jacket is not even broken it yet. The graining and texture shifts that will take place as the jacket is worn will be unique and beautiful. It's truly a jacket for a lifetime that can be passed down from generation to generation. Only selling this as the jacket was slightly too big for me. Please note there's a little bit of the amazing red satin liner peeking out from the sleeves when I tried it out, but this might change for those with thicker wrists than I. Only fault I can really pick out from it.

Shoulders - 18.5"
Pit-to-Pit - 21.5"
Sleeve from shoulder seam taken along outside on curve - 24.5"
Back Length from bottom of collar - 25.2"
Front length from bottom of collar - 26"
Hem taken at middle buckle adjuster - 17.5" (adjustable via belt loops one in each direction)

Please allow a small degree of human error for the measurements. Items will be shipped via USPS priority mail within 2 business days of purchase. Any questions don't hesitate to reach out.

Attachments

• IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2322.jpg
    IMG_2322.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2321.jpg
    IMG_2321.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2313.jpg
    IMG_2313.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_2316.jpg
    IMG_2316.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2311.jpg
    IMG_2311.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 199

AHP91

Practically Family
For sale is this special edition limited release Schott 689 horsehide leather jacket for the world renowned luxury retail company Mr. Porter. Hardly needing of an introduction, Schott NYC is one of the world’s premier motorcycle jacket companies. Established in 1913, Schott has become synonymous with high quality leather apparel and are largely credited with creating the first ever leather motorcycle jacket. Schott’ leather jackets have been worn by motorcyclist enthusiasts and celebrities alike, and have become a major symbol of the counter-culture movement within the United States and across the globe.

Made in USA, for the American market. No “made from imported materials” label featured in this piece. Features a comfortable, smooth red satin lining with an upgraded, thicker than standard jet-black horsehide leather shell. The exterior smooth and polished finish contrasts with the red satin lining to create a striking and stylish look. Other features of the traditional Schott 689 horsehide remain the same - full front zipper, heavy-duty hardware, zippered cuffs, a belted waist, and a snap-down collar. Listed as a size 'small', but please take careful note of the measurements listed below. I've tended to notice that collaboration pieces are often more meticulously created, and I definitely notice it with this jacket. I actually purchased two sizes of this 689, and wish I could keep this one. Comparing the two, this version is noticeably a higher quality hide. Alas, it's just too big for me.

This jacket is in overall excellent pre-owned condition. Impeccable stitching and extremely thick and uniform horsehide leather makes for a heavy-weight and durable jacket. One extremely faint imprint on the mid-front of the jacket, on the right size of the zipper. Otherwise, no torn seams, no lining issues, all zippers work fabulously, no foul odors. The jacket is not even broken it yet. The graining and texture shifts that will take place as the jacket is worn will be unique and beautiful. It's truly a jacket for a lifetime that can be passed down from generation to generation. Only selling this as the jacket was slightly too big for me. Please note there's a little bit of the amazing red satin liner peeking out from the sleeves when I tried it out, but this might change for those with thicker wrists than I. Only fault I can really pick out from it.

Shoulders - 18.5"
Pit-to-Pit - 21.5"
Sleeve from shoulder seam taken along outside on curve - 24.5"
Back Length from bottom of collar - 25.2"
Front length from bottom of collar - 26"
Hem taken at middle buckle adjuster - 17.5" (adjustable via belt loops one in each direction)

Please allow a small degree of human error for the measurements. Items will be shipped via USPS priority mail within 2 business days of purchase. Any questions don't hesitate to reach out.
Asking price is 575 shipped via USPS priority mail. Accept Paypal Friends and Family. I've sold and bought jackets via this forum.
Main.jpg
Red hh.jpg
Red hh2.jpg
Red hh3.jpg
Red hh4.jpg
red hh5.jpg
red hh6.jpg
IMG_2329.jpg
IMG_2325.jpg
IMG_2324.jpg

AHP91

Practically Family
bump 500 shipped! happy to send it on its way, but won't be going much lower than this. can hold onto it if need be. a beautiful, versatile jacket that's just too big on me (already replaced it with a less special 689 in my size) ----
IMG_2325.jpg
Red15.jpg
Red8.jpg
IMG_2414.jpg
IMG_2412.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk