Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Size 7 3/4 Dobbs 5th ave Tweed Fedora

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Recently purchased and after having for a few weeks without using I've decided it needs to go. My apartment is small and the hats keep multiplying.

When the hat first arrived it had a very strong musty smell of old persons closet. I rinsed the hat thouroughly with cold water and let it dry at room temperature. This helped with the smell and over time the smell is diminishing more. If you air this out in the sun for a few hours it will probably smell great.

The color is greenish blue depending on the light. Incandescent lighting makes it appear green. Sunlight and flourescent lighting makes it look blue. The tag inside says that it is 70% wool. It doesn't mention what the other 30% is.

There is some sweat staining in the front where the brim meets the crown. It's not noticable unless you are right up next to the hat and looking for it. The flash highlights the staining and makes it much more visible in the photos than it is in person.

The feather didn't like the rinsing I gave the hat and looks a bit worn. It should probably be removed but I'll leave it there for whoever buys it to decide what to do.

Brim measures 1 5/8" and has an underwelt (the edge is folded under and sown). The crown measures ~4" (5" at it's highest point).

Sizing notes:
I measure the length and width of the opening to be length=8.875" width=6.675". An ellipse calculator gives me a circumference of 24.7" which would be between a 7 3/4 and 7 7/8. The tag inside says that the size is 7 3/4. I believe that I am a size 7 3/4 long oval and this hat fits me perfectly.

IMG_4722.jpg

IMG_4723.jpg

IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4725.jpg

IMG_4726.jpg

Price: $25 shipped.

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Final price drop and this is an amazing price for this size of hat.
Price now $18 shipped. If it doesn't sell at this price it'll either go to ebay or I'll just keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters