Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Size 7 3/4 (fits like a 7 5/8) Stetson 10x Open road style hat $225 shipped

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This hat is a bit too round oval for me and isn't ending up in the rotation enough to keep. The fit is like a standard oval 7 5/8 IMO. It doesn't feel like a size 7 3/4. With some treatment to the sweatband and a hat stretcher you could probably pull it back to a 7 3/4 relatively easily. The felt on this hat is very smooth and soft. This is a stiff western style hat and is stiffer than an Akubra Campdraft but isn't as stiff as a 4x modern Open Road that I've handled. The felt is more finely pounced than either the 4x open road or the campdraft. It's a very uniform smooth soft textured felt. The sweatband is in good condition and is supple. No cracking or damage. It has the woven in elastic piece in the back.

There are some small light stains on the top of the crown. These may be removable with a magic eraser or something like that. They don't appear to be deeply set into the felt. I didn't do anything about them as they really aren't visible unless you're looking for them.

I've only dry creased the hat into the front pinch it has now. To return it to its original cattleman crease would only take a couple of touches on the felt.

I don't have the hat in front of me at this moment and I also don't seem to have taken photos of the interior of the hat. I'll post full measurements and interior photos later. Estimated measurements: Approx. 5-6" crown height. Approx. 2 5/8" brim width.

Original Cattleman crease:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAC3I/lbE2rucM31A/w809-h766/IMG_0985.JPG
IMG_5286.JPG

IMG_5297.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0993.JPG

Fedora style pinch with down brim in these photos.
IMG_2848.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_3245.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Measurements:
Brim width: 2 3/4"
Crown height (when open): ~6"
More photos
IMG_5169.JPG

IMG_5170.JPG

IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5172.JPG

IMG_5173.JPG

IMG_5174.JPG

IMG_5166.JPG

Water drop stain (caused by a drop of rain)

IMG_5168.JPG

IMG_5167.JPG

Light marks on top of crown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran