Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Size 7 5/8 Light Grey Stetson 3X wide ribbon fedora $100 shipped

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This hat is just a bit too small for me and is in need of a bit of work on the crown to make it hold up better. A good cleaning and re-blocking would definitely make this a much nicer hat but it can work fine as is if you're looking for a beater.

Whoever had this hat before me got a lot of use out of it. The sweatband's been replaced with a very nice wide leather band. It's one of the widest bands I've ever seen and is in good condition.

The felt and liner have some staining as you can see in the photos. The hat has also been squashed at some point so it has some creases in places it shouldn't have. These could probably be fixed with some steam and something to press them out with. If it were a bit bigger I'd have a go at steaming the crown to clear up the wrinkles but as that won't fix the size issue I'll let someone else to take a whack at it.

From memory the brim's 2.5" but I'll get more detailed measurements up later when I have the hat in front of me. The brim has a nice overwelt edge with almost invisible stitching.

Feather included upon request (I've removed it since taking these photos but can tuck it back into the ribbon if you'd like it).

IMG_3501.JPG

IMG_3502.JPG

IMG_3503.JPG

IMG_3504.JPG

IMG_3506.JPG

IMG_3507.JPG

IMG_3497.JPG

IMG_3505.JPG

IMG_3522.JPG

$100 shipped in the USA

casechopper

The pinch is a bit thin but not worn through. Other than that the rest is nice and uniform. If you were to get a full reblock and clean it might be worthwhile to either turn it inside out or flip it around so the pinch isn't where the current pinch is.

Ande1964

Practically Family
Cool. I'll be re-blocking myself. Lemme ponder it a bit. I wear a large 7 1/2 long oval. I figure this one would be a bit large for me, but workable.

Anj

casechopper

This fits on the smaller side for a 7 5/8. I'm between 7 5/8 and 7 3/4 in size so a larger 7 5/8 fits me fine. This fits just a bit too small so I'd put it in the lower range of 7 5/8 sized hats.

casechopper

Dimensions:
Ribbon: 1 5/8"
Brim width:2 1/2" in front and 2 3/8" on sides and back.
Welt width 1/4"
Hole front to back: 8 1/4"
Hole side to side: 6 3/4"
Ellipse calculator gives a circumference of 23.6" This is slightly larger than a 7 1/2 and bit smaller than a 7 5/8.
Crown height as creased: 4 1/8"
Crown height when popped open: 5 1/4"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot