Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Size 7 7/8 Black Worth and Worth Fedora $70 shipped

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The felt on this hat is very light and flexible. Selling because it's slightly too big for me.
Measurements:
Brim width: 2 3/8"
Ribbon width: 1 1/2"
Crown height (when open): 6"
Opening front to back: 8 9/16"
Opening side to side: 7 1/4"
Ellipse calculator give ~25"

Feels 1 size too large and I'm a size 7 3/4

IMG_8645.JPG

IMG_8646.JPG

IMG_8647.JPG

IMG_8650.JPG

IMG_9063.JPG

IMG_9075.JPG

casechopper

The felt on this hat is very lightweight. It feels lighter and more flexible than Akubra and Stetson felt. The only comparably light/flexible felt that I've handled is a modern Borsalino Como. This hat is less floppy but equally lightweight. This hat could also be rollable as the sweatband is grosgrain ribbon rather than leather.

casechopper

I can do $65 shipped if that works for you. I know you mentioned worrying about the size. I wear anything from a large 7 5/8 to a small 7 7/8 (I would put my size as slightly under a 7 3/4 but with an extra long oval shaped head sizing can get complicated) and this hat fits me slightly large. It is still wearable and would fit perfect if I were to add a folded paper towel under the sweatband. I could wear it but I have enough other hats that fit more to size.

If you are interested let me know and I'll send you payment info.

Congrats!

I simply felt you BOTH deserve a word of congratulations on this sale, Sam. :eusa_clap
A good hat, a good deal, and great people... Mazel tov, men!

furious

New in Town
I simply felt you BOTH deserve a word of congratulations on this sale, Sam. :eusa_clap
A good hat, a good deal, and great people... Mazel tov, men!

Thank you, sir. I have been a lurker on this forum for many years and am just officially getting started!! Figured that I needed a proper hat to be seen around here.

Thank you, sir. I have been a lurker on this forum for many years and am just officially getting started!! Figured that I needed a proper hat to be seen around here.

Excellent! But now that you've started, I would like to offer to inspect (with right of first refusal) all the 7-3/4 -- 7-7/8 lids you find. ;) LoOOnng Oval for me!

Welcome, Furious!

furious

New in Town
Just a quick note to say that the hat arrived today and fits nicely. Thanks, casechopper!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn