Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Size between 7 5/8 and 7 3/4XLO 100% Beaver Custom Carmack Western style hat $120

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought this off of ebay about a year ago from a guy named Charles Carmack who makes custom hats using 100% beaver western hat bodies from Winchester. This is the same hat body manufacturer used by Art Fawcett and most other custom hat makers. and just haven't been able to find that many uses for a hat this big in the city.

Carmack likes to use glue for the sweatbands and ribbons and because of this I requested that he not glue the ribbon on. As a result when I wore the hat during a very windy day the ribbon blew off. It was a pretty cheap low quality polyester thing anyway so a replacement would be bit improvement to the hat. The sweatband is glued in and if you wanted to replace this with a sewn in sweatband I believe that you could just heat the hat up and scrape the glue off (I think it's just hot glue though I am not 100% sure on this). The liner is a heavy satin and is also glued around the edges inside the sweatband.

The felt is thick and very soft and silky. It's definitely a heavy weight western felt but is also very moldable. This was the first 100% beaver hat I purchased and I was very impressed with the felt.

Sizing is between a 7 5/8 and 7 3/4 and is currently long oval in shape.
Color: Pecan
Brim 4"
Crown is not very high but I'll have to get more measurements later.

$120 shipped. Will ship internationally if you pay the difference for shipping.

IMG_9640.JPG

IMG_9641.JPG

IMG_9642.JPG

IMG_9643.JPG

IMG_9645.JPG

IMG_9646.JPG

IMG_9647.JPG

IMG_9649.JPG

IMG_9650.JPG

IMG_9651.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads