Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Stetson Excellent Quality Featherweight derby size 7 5/8

buler

I'll Lock Up
For Sale:

Stetson Excellent Quality Featherweight derby from the 30's. Size 7 5/8!

Spectacular tufted satin liner with round Excellent Quality tip sticker. 1 3/4" rolled top sweatband is soft and supple with beautiful gold Stetson Excellent Quality Feather Weight Comfort stamp and Wells & Coverly store embossing. Classy double tail frayed bow 1 1/8" ribbon. Brim binding is in great shape.

About a 5" area of the sweat around the front curve has popped stitching. There is also a 1 1/2" mark in the felt on the front underside of the brim. Under a magnifier it appears to be some substance in the felt that doesn't want to brush off.

Crown is 5". Circumference is 8 7/16" L X 6 13/16" = 24.09"

Asking $160 + shipping for this amazing example of a high end Stetson derby in an almost impossible to find 7 5/8 size.

Click on thumbnails for large pics:

exc_1.jpg

exc_2.jpg

exc_3.jpg

exc_4.jpg

exc_5.jpg

exc_6.jpg

exc_8a.JPG

exc_9.jpg

exc_10.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'm tempted BUT I've never worn a Bowler before... With my large frame I'd look like a bleedin' idiot or worse... (does Magilla Gorilla ring a bell?). Too much money for a hat I might NEVER wear.

Worf

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
It is very pretty and sure does scream vintage. If the brim was wider, I could see my Husband wearing this....but he is very firm in only wearing hats that are wide brim. I am sure someone will buy this...it is too nice and you can tell by looking at it just how special it is.

tommyK

One Too Many
If I didn't already have a Derby I don't wear I would snap this up. Once in a lifetime Excellent Quality. Just beautiful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner