Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Stetson Stratoliner, 7 1/4

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
This is a very nice condition vintage Stratoliner in silverbelly. Size 7 1/4, the sweatband measures 22 3/4" around.

This one dates from the late-1940s to early 1950s. The felt is soft and pliable with no creases or major wear. The ribbon, bow and edging are all in excellent conditon. The crown has a couple small spots and the brim has a larger spot on towards the back (see pics). These are the only flaws with this hat.

The interior is in great conditon. The plastic in the top of the liner is intact as is the liner itself. The reeded sweatband is in excellent condition, soft and pliable with no loose stitching. The Armstrong's store logo is very unique with the Iowa state seal.

Size: 7 1/4, the sweatband measures 22 3/4" around

For being roughly 60 years old this thing is in great shape.

Stratoliner001.jpg

Stratoliner002.jpg

Stratoliner012.jpg

Stratoliner003.jpg

Stratoliner004.jpg

Stratoliner005.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks. Yup, Strats like to go high.

$215 shipped is a very reasonable price.
Geez, I am half tempted on this as it is a very decent price and almost makes me want to jump on it. I normally wear a 7 3/8 size and one hat I have in 7 1/4 is very snug and not very comfortable. I just noticed you have an exact measurement of the inside. Humm....snug snug snug. Drats. I will have to stew on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes