Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Stetson 'The Sovereign' Early 50's 7 1/4

ebhurtt

New in Town
Still available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are the inside dimensions (front to back and side to side). I have an OR which is labelled a 7-1/4, but it's larger than any 7-1/4 I've ever otherwise put on my head - I wonder if it would fit you and we might be able to organize a trade. It is a little later than this one, but it's a vintage model and in the original box. I can send the dimensions to you later if you think you might be interested.
EBH

J Williams

Practically Family
What are the inside dimensions (front to back and side to side). I have an OR which is labelled a 7-1/4, but it's larger than any 7-1/4 I've ever otherwise put on my head - I wonder if it would fit you and we might be able to organize a trade. It is a little later than this one, but it's a vintage model and in the original box. I can send the dimensions to you later if you think you might be interested.
EBH

Yeah I'm definitely open to taking a look at it. Can you send some photos?

ebhurtt

New in Town
Yeah I'm definitely open to taking a look at it. Can you send some photos?
Here is the OR I wrote you about. Appears barely worn. Brim is approximately 2-3/4. Opening dimensions are about 8-1/8 front to back x 6-3/4 side to side. There are a few pin head size nibbles in the felt - you'll see them in the overall phots, but I also took some close-ups. The strap on the box is aged and in pretty bad shape, but the box is otherwise quite good. The business card was tucked into the sweat when I got the hat 20+ years ago and I've just always kept it in there. I'll send the other images in an additional reply.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12e4.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12f7.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12ee.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12ef.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12ea.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12f4.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12f2.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12e9.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12f1.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12f5.jpg

J Williams

Practically Family

Hey Ebhurtt,

Hat looks great. I will be home in a few hours and measure a couple of my lids as well as the sovereign - if this one fits I’m pretty sure I would be happy to trade. I’ll also send a few more photos of the sovereign for you to see. Let me know if there is anything else you would like.

ebhurtt

New in Town
Hey Ebhurtt,

Hat looks great. I will be home in a few hours and measure a couple of my lids as well as the sovereign - if this one fits I’m pretty sure I would be happy to trade. I’ll also send a few more photos of the sovereign for you to see. Let me know if there is anything else you would like.

Excellent - I look forward to seeing the additional photos and getting the measurements for the Sovereign. Cheers!

J Williams

Practically Family
Excellent - I look forward to seeing the additional photos and getting the measurements for the Sovereign. Cheers!

Hey Ebhurtt,

So I measured a few of my hat's that fit me the way I like and unfortunately your 25 will still be a bit too tight. Even my 7 3/8 Long Oval is a good snug fit.

The Sovereign measures 6 1/2" across and 7 7/8" front to back - these numbers are pretty bang on without pushing or distorting anything. I had a late night at work so I didn't manage to get any extra pictures but I am happy to send some if you would be interested in a purchase. Still looking for around $200.00 shipped within reason.

ebhurtt

New in Town
Hi J Williams,

Sorry the trade doesn't work - if you can get me some additional pictures I'd love to take a look. I'll check some of my other hats for the size.

J Williams

Practically Family
Pulled the hat out again to take some more photos and started messing around with it. The felt is soft and really easy to dry shape. I really wish it fit me. The only defects are a small stain on the liner and some slight discolouration on the ribbon. Although the ribbon does appear to be a bit more brown than what I’m used to.

The first photos are of the hat in the crease it came with 'block 102' and all photos after the open crown are me playing around with different creases.

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0974.jpg
IMG_0981.jpg
IMG_0982.jpg
IMG_0983.jpg
IMG_0984.jpg
IMG_0985.jpg
IMG_0986.jpg
IMG_0987.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads