Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS/Trade: Aero Cafe Racer in Black FQHH 38 / Aeroesque half-belt in heavy steer? 38

bepoq

New in Town
Dear All,

I must acknowledge that I am unlikely to ever fit in an Aero size 38, and so these two jackets must go.

First, a black Aero FQHH Cafe Racer, size 38 in close to new/mint condition—never worn out.

armpit to armpit, (but jacket wears a little smaller than it suggests, in my opinion) 21.5”
sleeve (outside of shoulder seam to outside of bottom edge): 24.5
collar seam to bottom: 25.5
shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 18.5
waist (well, along bottom): 18.5

Pics, with the last two to give you an idea of how it looks and why I'm selling (I'd call myself a 39" chest with a 33" waist).

FullSizeRender-5 by bepoq

FullSizeRender-2 by bepoq

FullSizeRender-1 by bepoq

IMG_5925 by bepoq

IMG_5926 by bepoq

asking $700... now $620 shipped conus, but will entertain trades of other aeros, pref in brown or seal, FQHH, maybe another CR, really like the Maxwell and the other short button up models...if you're interested, let me know what you've got. Size desired: 40, maybe 42 depending on cut etc.

Next, a tan half-belt in, I think, FQHH, though it might be a med heavy steer, a smallish 38 or 37. Picked this one up a bit back on the ebay, as it looked exceedingly like an aero. I think it is, as it's a really solidly made heavy jacket out of serious leather, and sits next to my aero halfbelt and all the details match. However, a) I can't be sure it is an aero, and perhaps more importantly, b) at some point it has had a new lining put in (some brown tweed of some sort) and it wasn't done terribly well—in places, mainly the cuffs, the stitching is poorly done and not straight. Nevertheless, it is a handsome jacket, and the tan leather has done that nice thing it does where, getting stained and scratched here and there across time, it develops a really handsome complicated and deep patina of colour. It was a relative bargain, so I'm disappointed it doesn't fit, as I'd quite like to try a tan jacket but would never spring for a new one at full whack. anyway:

armpit to armpit: 21+"
shoulder seams: 18"
sleeve: 24.5"
back: 24"

FullSizeRender by bepoq

FullSizeRender-4 by bepoq

FullSizeRender-3 by bepoq

IMG_5924 by bepoq

Asking $165, (about what I have into it), dropped to $150 shipped conus, or as trade or part trade (see above).

Many thanks for having a look. Please contact with questions or for more pics etc. Probably best by email, as I'm working up to PM privileges.

Ben

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21