Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: USAF N-3B parka, Albert Turner mid-1950s, size Large

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
For sale one vintage USAF N-3B parka made by Albert Turner, size Large. Atticus says the contract date is 1953 to 1958, but we can't pin it down more than that. Either way, it's old. Condition is excellent and this is a fully wearable parka. I just had it dry cleaned so it's ready to go. The USAF logo on the left sleeve is worn but is in good condition and perfectly readable. There are no stains, tears, cuts, or smells on this parka. The nylon inside and out is still soft, and is a nice dark sage green colour. All four buttons are present and the loops intact, the cords to tighten the hood and waist are present, and all snaps work fine.

Condition comments:
(1) The wolf fur ruff around the edge of the hood is missing, so you'll have to source a replacement or leave as-in. Frankly, it's just as well the fur is gone, since after 60 years it more than likely would have been ratty and shedding and needing replacement anyways.
(2) Significant ultraviolet fading on hood, with a bit on shoulders.
(3) A few hanging threads here and there, nothing meaningful and aside from #4 below all seams and stitching rows are intact.
(4) About 1.5" of stitching along the seam on the left handwarmer pocket is open and will need to be sewn up. This does not affect the use of the handwarmer pocket and is a 5 min fix for someone who can use a needle and thread.

Fit is too short and too wide for me. I'm a size 42L most of the time and this would be best for a 44R. If you are a Tall/Long size then this parka won't work for you, only Regular and Short people only.
chest = 27" or 28"
length = 32"
sleeve (dress shirt measure) = 37"
sleeve underarm = 17.5"
sleeve neck to cuff = 32.5"

Photos below. Sorry about the blurry images, I think my old digital camera is starting to break down or something. I have already posted photos taken by the guy who sold it to me in the N3B thread in the Outerwear forum, which are much clearer.

Price is USD $95 to my paypal account. Free shipping to Canada and continental USA. Interested parties please contact me via forum message system. Thanks!

Last edited:

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Here's better photos, finally. I just noticed that the stitching which forms the slot for the waist drawstring on the back of the parka is loose at both ends, so that will need to be sorted out (it's visible in the photo of the back). This parka is very impressive in real life which sadly photos do not show.

Talk to me, people, I need this thing out of here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112