Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS:VIntage 50's/60's Schott Perfecto Heavy Steerhide Patrol Jacket

houseowax

New in Town
An absolutely outstanding vintage Schott Perfecto black steerhide patrol jacket. I'm calling this a size 42, but PLEASE check my actual measurements below before bidding.
I've been told that this jacket dates back to the middle 1960's but I am awaiting confirmation from Schott on that. What I can say for certain is that this is a very high quality jacket with unbelievably beautiful patina and grain that can only come from age and wear. If the tag didn't state otherwise I'd be inclined to call this horsehide due to it's thickness, weight and grain. Although thick all the leather is pliable; no cracks, dry spots or tears anywhere. It is a 3/4 length, similar to the 'half belt' style. One chest pocket, two patch pockets and two handwarmer pockets. Concealed storm cuffs to prevent wind from entering sleeve. Main zipper is a brass finish YKK, zippered chest pocket is fitted with a silver finish zipper. Both are in fine working condition. Pockets and handwarmer pockets lined with a heavy cotton drill cloth. Acetate lining does show some wear and tear as seen in pics. Also missing a (decorative) button on right sleeve. follow link for pics, as I can't seem to successfully upload any.

http://flic.kr/p/aDaFi7

Actual measurements:
19.5 inches across shoulders
31 inches from top of collar to bottom edge
24 inches from shoulder sleeve to cuff

Asking $260 including shipping to anywhere in the continental US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner