Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vintage Borsalino Pocket Hat Punti Size 5

Found this old Borsalino "Pocket Hat" at an estate sale over the weekend. It doesn't fit me, but it's such an interesting hat that I figured I'd either have it in my collection for show-and-tell purposes or pass it along to a fellow old-hat aficionado who might accord it the appreciation it deserves.

It's in quite nice condition. No moth damage, no stains. A small area of discoloration on the sweatband (see photo) is all I can find wrong with it. It's a soft, highly pliable, lightweight felt.

Brim is closer to 2 5/8 inches than 2 1/2; crown is 5 1/2 inches (open) at its deepest.

It's a Punti size 5, which sometimes corresponds with an American size 7 1/8, but this one is a tight 7 1/8, so if you wear a 7 1/4 and think this one will work, you'll be disappointed. It oughta work well for a person who wears a loose 7 or a tight 7 1/8.

Body color is a bit lighter "in person" than in the photos.

If I can't get $60 (including shipping via USPS Priority Mail to the CONUS) for it, I'm inclined to keep it.

GEDC0940.jpg

GEDC0934.jpg

GEDC0933.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Wow, smokin' deal! I'd like to buy it, but it's too small for me by 3 sizes. Mind if I flip it on Ebay? If you don't mind, consider it sold.

:)

Well, I'd really rather see it go to a person who wouldn't trash it out in short order (you know, as contrasted with some club crawler whose most visible display of faith is his kneeling before the porcelain god). But then, what the buyer does with it is his business, I suppose.

So yeah, go ahead and shoot me a PM with the particulars, if you wish. But from what I've seen on eBay of late, I wouldn't count on getting a heckuva lot more for it there. If it were a larger size, maybe ...

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
For the edification of any interested parties, I have backed slowly out of the room . . .Congrats, Ale. :)

Thanks, Randall ;)

No way Ale can wear that color! :D What a nice deal, Tony.

Olive is closer to gray, and far away from brown, ain't it lol?
Can't wait to get this one. Thanks Tony for making this available and Randall for kindly letting me have it. Owe you one, amico!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy