Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vintage Brown Goatskin "Fonz" Jacket.. 42 / 44 ** Priced To Move**

Technonut

Practically Family
Hello Loungers... Today I am selling a 50's vintage brown goatskin jacket.

I was always looking for a true vintage "fonz" style jacket, and found it in spades a few years ago. Just check out the style and the nice graining of the deep brown goatskin. The leather is nice and supple.. The knits are original as far as I can tell, and in decent shape. The lining is intact, and in good shape except for some staining around the neck area. I tried to use a steamer to remove the staining, but it started spreading-out, and I stopped. I will leave it to the new owner to have cleaned, or just leave it be since it is not that bad.. Hey, at least it's sterilized now.. :D

I usually wear between a 42 and 44 in jackets, and this fits me well. The measurements are:

Pit To Pit Jacket Zipped and Laid-Flat: 23 Inches
Across The Shoulders: 18 1/2 Inches
Bottom Collar Seam In The Back Center To Bottom Of Knit Waistband: 25 1/4 Inches
Sleeve Seam To Bottom of Knit Cuff: 26 1/2 Inches

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

***** SOLD******************SOLD**********************SOLD************

I know I could do better on the bay, but as always, I am offering it to a fellow Lounger first for a VERY fair price. It is getting more and more difficult to find vintage leather jackets like this in nice shape. PM me if you want it...

Last edited:

Technonut

Practically Family
Just some pics of Fonzie's jacket for reference... The one I am selling is pretty close for a vintage 1950's jacket.. :cool:

One difference is mine has a true one piece back. The one's used on Happy Days had a two piece back with the yoke seam across the shoulders. I guess my jacket could also be considered to be of the "Civilian A-2" type with slash pockets.. Especially in goatskin..

fonzie_s1e6-002.jpg

FonzieJacket.jpg

Feature_FonzieJacket.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy