FS: William Lennon Derby Boot, UK8

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Harris HTM, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

Thinning of the herd continues!
    For sale my William Lennon 78 Tug of War Derby Boots, size UK8n chocolate brown colour.
    Thick amazing leather. These boots are seriously built like tanks, very sturdy and indestructible. The leather is not yet broken in, however the grain has popped-up. Excellent condition, no scratches or significant wear marks, I’m the original owner.
    For those not familiar with William Lennon I advise to visit their website:
    https://www.rufflander.co.uk/william-lennon-co-ltd/
    Amazing workboots and great customer service.
    From William Lennon website: “Traditional Derby style tug of war boots with 7 eyelet 6.5 inch upper made from mahogany brown waxy full grain leather. Brass screwed and stitched construction incorporating a leather insole, and a heavy duty double leather sole. Leather ring tip (horseshoe) stack heel.”
    As I found the leather sole a bit slippery I had rubber soles installed at a respectable cobbler. The rubber sole provides grip and water resistance, however it squeaks a bit (especially the right shoe).
    The tongues were sliding to the sides so I made 2 slits at the tongues myself, see photos.
    I’ve always worn them with silicone insoles as they were large.
    I always use shoe-trees for all my shoes. I clean and treat all my shoes often and exclusively with Sapphir D’Or products.
    Ship from a smoke- pet- children free home!
    These boots retail at 169pounds (around 195 euros) and wait-time is currently 15 working weeks. I am selling them for 125euros + shipping, PayPal F&F. Item ships from the Netherlands, I will quote shipping costs and method according to destination. I cover the shipping costs for buyers within the Netherlands. No returns please.
    The shoes ship without the shoe-trees , and also without their original box.
    If more photos (or even videos) are needed please feel free to contact me.
    Due to the recent unpleasant experience of two members here and in the VLJ I’d prefer selling to long standing members here.
    Thanks for looking!

20210228_102011.jpg 20210302_164954.jpg 20210302_164941.jpg 20210302_165059.jpg 20210302_165051.jpg 20210302_165026.jpg 20210302_165012.jpg 20210302_165003.jpg

Cornelius and dannyk like this.
  2. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

I’m afraid these would also be a touch large on me. UK8 is US9 and I’m normally a US 8 in boots. But I’m super tempted. If these are still here next paycheck I may just come back for them. But hopefully they aren’t still here; because I’m hoping you sell them right away!

Edward and Harris HTM like this.
  3. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

Thanks Danny, let me know! In the coming days I will also post 2 pairs of boots (not WL) in UK7 (US8), just to tempt you more!

Edward and dannyk like this.
  4. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Ok now those I’m really interested in. I know I’ve spoken to a few people here about William Lennon’s and this model specifically is the one that I would want. So I’m angry that it’s 1 size off. If you were a size 14 or something no worries not even close. But now I’m thinking well maybe with some thick socks or double socks...haha. Anyway I’ll keep my eyes open for the other ones that should fit.

5. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

I also wear size UK7 and that's why I always used silicone insoles with these boots. Keep an eye here and thanks for looking!

dannyk likes this.
  6. Micawber

Micawber A-List Customer

W Lennon boots are the bees knees, if they were one size up I'd have them. [Same username on VLJ BTW]

GLWTS :)

Harris HTM likes this.
  7. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

bump

8. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

bump

9. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

bump, 125euros + shipping, PayPal F&F.

10. Harris HTM