Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FT Modern Silverbelly Open Road 7-3/8. Let's swap!

Norm DePlume

New in Town
I have two Stetson Silverbelly Open Roads, and I only need one. So let's swap! The hat on top is a 6X I just bought brand new about a month ago. It's spent some time on my head, but hasn't even left the house yet. The one below it is a 4X Beaver that I picked up pre-owned. I thought it might be old enough to be significantly nicer, but it turns out it's from 2011 according to a sticker under the sweat, so the quality is not all that different from the 6X. Both are in outstanding condition--even the 10-year-old one shows virtually no sign of wear. Interestingly, it's the newer one that has the gold print on the sweat starting to fade a bit after just a few hours total on my head.

I'd be willing to trade either one of them, whichever you prefer, for a hat of comparable value. I'm open to ideas, but a couple that I'm particularly interested in would be an Open Road of a different color or a decent blue/navy fedora with a brim at least 2". I'm not interested in cowboy hats, but would consider something vaguely western that is not full-blown cowboy. And I already have enough beige Akubras, so probably not interested in one of those. Happy to send more pics if you're interested. So...whaddya got that I might like?
open roads.jpg

I have two Stetson Silverbelly Open Roads, and I only need one. So let's swap! The hat on top is a 6X I just bought brand new about a month ago. It's spent some time on my head, but hasn't even left the house yet. The one below it is a 4X Beaver that I picked up pre-owned. I thought it might be old enough to be significantly nicer, but it turns out it's from 2011 according to a sticker under the sweat, so the quality is not all that different from the 6X. Both are in outstanding condition--even the 10-year-old one shows virtually no sign of wear. Interestingly, it's the newer one that has the gold print on the sweat starting to fade a bit after just a few hours total on my head.

I'd be willing to trade either one of them, whichever you prefer, for a hat of comparable value. I'm open to ideas, but a couple that I'm particularly interested in would be an Open Road of a different color or a decent blue/navy fedora with a brim at least 2". I'm not interested in cowboy hats, but would consider something vaguely western that is not full-blown cowboy. And I already have enough beige Akubras, so probably not interested in one of those. Happy to send more pics if you're interested. So...whaddya got that I might like?
View attachment 405762
I am a 7 3/8 and have too many blue hats. I have a nice fedora style, full, tall crown, 2 1/2" brim in a Blue. Suede finish Tonak rabbit felt. It is a hat that I made for myself but have worn it once or twice.....too many navy blue hats. If interested in a straight up swap I can snap some pics.

Norm DePlume

New in Town

View attachment 405762

Giving this a quick bump before I stick one of the hats on ebay. No swappers out there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner